Chapter 34

Natalie's Pov

Rushing to get dried off, as I have just finished showering I walk into the guest bedroom only to find my matching lingerie . I can't wear the dress without them. Oh God, I know who is responsible for this. Wrapping my towel around me tight I immediately run into Xander's room only to bump into his muscular torso. Looking up I see he's shirtless and his smoothed back hair dripping with water. "Looking for these my princess?" he holds up my lingerie but holds his hand up high so I can't reach. Why do I have to be so short. "Xander, I really need those back I can't make you late for your ball". Jumping in attempt to grab them I get a hold on them but only to feel my towel come completely off. I shriek and quickly try to wrap it back around my body but he snatches it from my arms. "You look so ravishing my love. We might have to be late for the ball.".

He suddenly picks me up, wrapping my bare legs around his waist and I squirm to get out of his arms. He tightens his hold on me and begins attacking my neck with kisses. "N-no we shouldn't right now''. I try to convince him but my body betrays me as I let out a moan when he nibbles my ear. "I knew you couldn't resist me angel, and screw the ball all I need is you."

"Xander". I pull my head back and looking into his eyes. "This is important, and I refuse to let you be late because of me. This is important to your business and a lot more important people I'm sure. It also matters to me that your on time. I promise you that you will have me all to yourself after your Ball." letting out a disappointed huff he frowns but nods. "Awwe my big handsome king, don't pout. Now put me down so we can get to your Ball." he grunts and pecks my lips before putting me down. I make a mad dash for my wardrobe dressing room and begin to get ready.

 I make a mad dash for my wardrobe dressing room and begin to get ready

The dress Xander had made for me is just breath taking. Its a long mermaid style gold gown with real cresses of gold in on it. I know it must have cost him a fortune and I wish he would let me pay him back, either way I know I'll think of something. Slipping on my matching shoes and watch I look at the time.

 Slipping on my matching shoes and watch I look at the time

Thank God we're on time

Thank God we're on time. After applying light makeup I turn off the lights, grab my clutch and head downstairs where I see a very sharp and powerful looking Xander. Approaching him I reach up and fix his black bow tie and he moves my curls behind my ear, leaning down and kissing my neck softly. "You're a vision my love. An absolute vision."chuckling he takes my hand and leads us outside and into his lemo. Thoughts of what might happen begin to flood my mind. What if they hate me? what if they dont think I belong in his world? what if Xander's uncle spoke badly about me to the public eye? I am snapped out my horrible thoughts by Xander's voice. "Princess do not worry about the people ok. My staff knows about you and they will love you. And don't worry about my uncle. He just needs to get to know you more but I won't force you to spend time with him if that isn't what you choose." quickly shaking my head I hold his cheek in my hand.

"No no babe. I will spend time with him later because he is your uncle and I don't want you to be mad at your uncle because of me. I'm doing this for both of us." giving him a smile I quickly kiss his lips before laying my head on his arm the rest of the ride.

Arriving at the ball, I step out of the lemo with the help of Xander and lock my fingers with his as we make our way inside. My breath hitches as I see how many people are here. There must be over 3,000. Walking over to the bar area, a short older man with a sleek gray ponytail approaches us. "Xander, my favorite top Billionaire in the world how are you on this splendid evening? oh and I see you've brought a date how lovely." he takes my hand placing a kiss on it while looking me in my eyes intensely. Xander wraps his arm around my waist and gives the guy a warning look. Who is this man? "Love, this is Harold Thompson. He used to work for me in my company but has recently retired." I give "Harold" a genuine smile and he just smirks in response. What is with this guy?

"Harold I know we're old buddies but I'm going to need you to stop smirking at my girlfriend, Natalie.'' I whisper a thank you to my king and notice Harold clenching his jaw. "My dear friend I don't mean to make your girlfriend uncomfortable but may I ask how she is different from all the other women you use to date?" looking down to my feet I bite my lower lip. I prayed this night would go smoothly and so far that hasn't happened. "Harold, I don't ever nor will I ever have to answer to you. Natalie is my future wife so you need to respect her like you do me. Am I clear?" he nods nervously. "Good. Have a great evening and tell your wife I said hello". When Mr Creepy guy disappears I turn to Xander with uncontrollable laughs. "You do know you scared the crap out him right?"

"I Know and I meant to do so. No one makes my princess uncomfortable and besides, I saw all those perverted looks he was giving you. He knows damn well not to mess with what is mine." I kiss his lips gently and tell him to behave himself. "Lets dance angel". taking my hands in his he leads to the dance, his hand spawning my waist and the other mine. Swaying to the music I see a hint of excitement in his eyes. "What thought causes my king to smile so?" looking down at me and grinning he pulls me closer, hugging me tighter to his chest. "Just the fact that my angel will not be getting any sleep tonight. You're going to be begging me to let you sleep and you'll be very very sore for the next few days. Who knows we might even make a few babies." I smile at him before laying against his lower chest as we continue to dance. I would love nothing more than to have a baby with him but I'm worried. I don't want our child have a weak heart like me. I don't even know how to tell him about it, everytime I try I just...cant get the words out. I don't want him to worry about me so because I'm going to be fine. He will know soon. I can feel it.

"Xander?" turn our heads to find the source of the voice I see a women maybe in her late forties and is dressed like a million dollars. She's wearing a very elegant white dress with a gray fur coat , long strings of pearls around her neck and long white gloves.

"Mother?''.