Chapter 17

The day was nearly over. Math, English and geography had gone and finished. The only lesson I had now was photography. Only problem was. Jakob was in my photography and this was my chance to ask him to hang out. But now it's even harder as Ben would be following me constantly.
I wave Susie off as she trots down the hallway to her science lesson. Taking a deep breath, I latch my fingers onto the photography doors and open them. Hurrying in and quickly shutting them in Bens face. I could hear him tsk behind the wood but suddenly a force tried to pull the doors open but I held them shut. I could hear him almost growling behind the door as he tried to pull them open. But eventually he gave up and let go.
"[Name], open the doors."
I remained silent as I held the doors shut. Panting out of energy. Ben was stronger than he looked so i felt worn out trying to stop him getting in.
"[LastName] take a seat please."
My teacher instructed behind me. Sighing , I nod and let go of the handles. Walking over to my chair at the back of the room. The door instantly swings open and Ben steps inside. Giving the teacher and glance before storming over to me, continuing past me and leaning on the wall behind me. Another teacher is going to allow him to just stand there?! What's with this school?!
As class begins to start, the doors suddenly slam open again as a figure hurries in.
"Sorry I'm late!
It was Jakob. He apologises to the teacher and rushes to his seat. He sat opposite me just in front. So if i turn my head to the right. I can see him. Sadly for him to see me, he would have to turn around completely.

It didn't take long for the teacher to explain what today's class was. We weren't learning content, it was practical. We had to be in pairs to come up with a project. Which was just great. I had no friends in this class so I was usually alone for all 'team-working' practicals. I couldn't help but scoff and sigh, folding my arms across my desk and laying my head down, resting my forehead against my arms, hiding my face. I wanted to close my eyes and just sleep through the class but I suddenly heard footsteps approach the side of me and stop. Luckily, how my head was, if I opened my eyes and looked down, I could see the floor. I saw two shoes face my direction, I thought they were Bens but they weren't. And they weren't the teachers either.
"[Name]?"
The voice was definitely Male however. Slowly lifting my head, I turn to look at the direction of the shadow beside me. Once I saw the face, i couldn't help being shocked. So much so my eyes slammed open and my eyebrows raised. It was Jakob. Standing there smiling down at me.
"Do you wanna be partners?"
Why did he ask me? I quickly look over to where his usual partner sits. He was there but was working alone. Why?
"You, want to work with me? What about-"
"He wanted to work with me again but he never does any of the work and usually takes all the credit. I know you usually do well in projects so I thought It would be nice to work with someone where we would both do equal amounts of work to make an awesome project."
I was confused. Was Jakob complimenting me? I was about to answer but I hear a snarl behind me. Turning my head slightly, I give Ben a glance, who was grinding his teeth and shaking his head slowly side to side to say no. He clearly didn't want me to work with Jakob. But I didn't care. I return his glare with a smirk before turning back to Jakob.
"Sure! We can work together."
I smile, standing out of my seat, though Jakob was still taller than me. He smiles and nods his head.
"Great! Let's go to the supply shop and grab a camera and we can start."
With photography, there was a supply warehouse where you had to rent all the equipment used and return it after. We weren't allowed to bring our own cameras for whatever reason. I never really understood it but it's easier to go along with it than question it.
"Okay let's go."
I reply. I quickly turn my head in Bens direction. I could practically see the words RAGE written across his face. He seemed completely jealous, but why? I hoped that my parents didn't hire me a REAL stalker that becomes obsessed with me. Like some Yandere.