Chapter 4: Growing up together

[In two years time]

The sound of water and dishes filled the room as Inko set up the table for breakfast.

"(Y/N), dear" Inko called for the green haired girl who sat on the couch reading a children book.

"Yes Mom?" You closed the book giving your mom tour full attention.

"Can you wake up Izuku? Its time for breakfast." She asked setting down the plates on the table.

With a smile you dashed down the hall to you and your brother's room.

"Kukun, wake up!" You says softly peeling into the room where Izuku lay asleep tucked under his blankets.

"Wake up..." You repeat shaking him.

"No..." Izuku muttered and turned away from you having a blissful dream of being a hero, meeting All Might and all the people smiling.

You pouted with a sigh and shook him again. "Wake up Kukun or else..! Or else....uh.." You pondered in thought.

Thinking what to say to make your brother wake up and when you had an idea you shook him again. "Wake up or you are gonna miss the talk show with All Night as guest!" You say.

And once the words entered his mind his brain immediately kicked him awake.

"W-What!? I did!?" He squeaked in shock and jumped off the bed running out the door in full speed.

You dodged his sudden charge by sitting on the bed when he got off effectively able to move out of his way.

Few minutes later he came back tired and sat down next to you leaning his head on your shoulder.

"Its not playing yet isn't it?"

"Nope, its still two hours away!" You giggled lightly watching the boy pout at you for tricking him.

"Kukun its time to eat, get changed already..!." You say nudging him to sit up properly. "Sorry (Y/N), I was up late last night watching that news from the recent villain attack." Izuku muttered.

"And don't forget watching that video of All Might." You teased making Izuku scratch the beck of his head.

"Alright!" You say standing up. "Hurry or the food will be cold." And with that said you left him to change.

Izuku sighed in amusement rubbing his eyes to remove the sleepiness and stretched. A lot has happened since that incident.

Just as he was told, when Izuku came home both females panicked to death, he tried to explain that he and the boys were playing and that is how they were able to calm down. After....many, many tears...

And the next day it was as if the fight never happened aside from him not being friends with Katsuki, neither was the boy who bullied you.

And Izuku had to admit with himself, you were much safer with Katsuki than with him. Because of Katsuki's protective nature over you and the fact that Katsuki has a quirk... No body would want to pick on you afraid Katsuki would blow their face off.

In all honesty, Izuku is wondering if he is doing his part as older twin correctly.

You were so much happier and safer with Katsuki than with him or anyone else.

'No..' Izuku shook his head starring hard at the t-shirt in his hand before pulling it over with head. 'Kacchan is a different person and is not a family member.. As the only boy in this house, I have to make sure that mom and (Y/N) lives a happy life.' He told himself.

'I will work hard, really hard, so that (Y/N) won't have to endure the pains or society... I will be there for her when she needs me..! No matter what (Y/N) I will-!!' Izuku jumped at the knock on the open door where you stood.

"Kukun..! What is taking so long?" You tilted your head at the blushing boy.

"N-Nothing! Let's go!" He stuttered grasping your hand and pulling you along with you even more confused.

'I will be the hero you see as since day 1...'

[three years later]

You stared at the full length mirror checking yourself to make sure you were nice and tidy.

Once satisfied you turned to the dresser and picked up the long silky fabric.

With a soft smile you traced the fabric with gentle fingers remembering how you got it.

[---Flashback---]

You blinked in surprise as Katsuki looked away with a red tinted face.

"Huh? What is this for?" You asked looking at the item in his outstretched palm.

"I told you, I will get you a new ribbon, didn't I? I don't care if it was a bit late are you gonna take it or not..!?" Katsuki babbled to embarrassed to listen to your reply.

So with a soft smile you took it gave gave him a hug, even if he was too red to return it.

"Thank you Nekochi!"

[---Flashback End---]

Using the blue ribbon to tie your ponytail and finally getting your saddle bag you exit the room to face your brother who exited from his. "Ready?" You ask and with a nod from him you both made your way to the main room.

"Always" With a grin Izuku sat with you as your mother greeted you both with a grin.

[--]

Walking to school you were dragged by Izuku around to see if there were any villain incidents. Though it was only a few you both were able to witness, it was hard to stop him from going to the next one.

"Kukun, we gotta go to school." You reminded him. Realizing the time the boy immediately changed directions.

"Oh y-yeah! Sorry" the boy apologized earning a laugh from you.

"Seriously, what is so great about heroes?" You mused. "(Y/N)..! I told you already..!" Izuku insisted softly and begins another, maybe edited, lecture about heroes.

"Okay, okay, I understand.." You say as you both reached the gates.

Izuku sighed in amusement as you swung your intertwined hands playfully back and forth.

"Buns." Your ribbon perked up like rabbit ears as you noticed Katsuki's figure up ahead.

"Nekochi!"

Letting go of Izuku's hand you happily embraced the blonde who petted your head softly.

Izuku slightly clenched his fist as he watches you in the arms of someone he admired. Its not like he has a grudge on Katsuki or anything, its just that seeing you two fills him with jealousy and uncertainty.

He was jealous that he could not take up the role Katsuki play in your life and he is uncertain if he can have a chance to..

But no matter what it fills him with more determination than ever before.