•54•

I took a deep breath, trying to gather my courage. It was probably stupid to be here right now, at this time, but I needed to see Jungkook. Even if it was stupid, I still needed to. I took another deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Y/N?" Jungkook looked shocked to see me here. I'm not surprised, why wouldn't he be shocked when I show up on his doorstep at two in the morning. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh.." I wasn't sure how to word this. "I was bored and you live nearby." I sounded stupid. Why the fuck would I come here at this time just because I was bored. He laughed and moved away from the door, inviting me in. I walked inside and sat down on the couch.

It was awkwardly silent as he sat down in front of me. I looked up and we made eye contact. I quickly looked away, trying to look at anything but Jungkook.

"How've you been?" He asked, breaking the silence. I shrugged. "Same as always." I remembered the actual reason I was here. "Why haven't you been talking to me?" I asked. He rubbed his forehead. "I just needed some time to think."

I looked at him. "Think about what?"

"Things." I rolled my eyes and looked away again.

"What did you mean that one day?" I could feel him staring at me, I looked at my hands trying to ignore it. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"You called me oblivious. What am I oblivious to?" I asked him and he sighed. "Can we please not talk about that?" I shook my head. "I want to know."

"Why are you here, Y/N? I can tell it's not just because you're bored."

He stood up and walked to the kitchen. I followed him. "Is this about Jisung?" He picked up an apple and stopped, turning around. "And can we not talk about him also?"

"Why?" I groaned. "I was with him the other night, he's not a bad person. I don't get why all of you think that."

"Yeah, I know." I could hear something in his voice, I couldn't exactly tell what it was. "Maybe you'd like him if you got to know him." He scoffed and took a bite out of the apple.

"I don't even want you to be friends with him. Why would I go and be friends with him after telling you it's a bad idea. I'm not stupid, Y/N." He leaned against the counter.

"I'm friends with him. Does that make me stupid?" Jungkook took a deep breath, I could tell he was frustrated. I was too, I don't understand why he's been acting like this lately. He tried telling me not to be friends with Jisung and then he stopped talking to me. Now he doesn't even want to talk about it.

"Y/N I'm not calling you stupid." I crossed my arms. "But that's what you mean, right?" He glared at me. I knew he was getting impatient and tired of this conversation.

"I don't even understand. Why do you care so much?" This came out a lot harsher than I'd expected it to. I know there's something that he'd meant that day, even though he wouldn't admit it. I'd tried going to Yoongi and Jin, neither of them helped me. The only person I would be able to get to tell me would be Jungkook.

"Because I'm fucking in love with you, Y/N!" He ran his hands through his hair.

I didn't know what to say. "What," I managed to get out. He put his face in his hands and rubbed his temples.

"Y/N." Jungkook looked up and our eyes met again. There was a mix of emotions swimming through his eyes. "I love you."