#66 The surprise gift

Karan.

"Do you know why I am sending you to pick him up?" Narayan sir asked me.

I nodded.

"If I don't go, Arjun sir will be suspicious" I said.

He nodded approvingly.

"This is also a test for you" he said. "I am watching you, If you disclose anything to Arjun, I will know right away and You will not escape me" I warned him.

"I cannot go back to Arjun sir, You know that" I said steadily. "You already guaranteed my safety, I hope you will keep that promise and help me out" I said.

Narayan nodded.

"You did a good job with exposing Shweta and handing me those details" He said. "I will carefully watch how you are doing, Then I will decide how to deal with you" He said.

I didn't miss that threat in his voice.

I nodded again.

Arjun.

When I landed, Karan was already waiting to pick us up.

"Where's my driver?" Raghav sir asked.

"I am asked to pick up both of you, Sir" Karan said and I raised my eyebrows.

Father want Karan to pick both of us?

Abiram's guy who was accompanying us nodded and took Raghav sir's luggage and walked to the car.

I turned back to Karan when I walked to the car with Raghav sir and him.

"How was your trip sir?" He asked me pleasantly while taking my luggage.

"Like I predicted, It was a futile trip" I said.

"Karan, How's everything at office?" Raghav sir asked him.

"No problem" He said. "The Shareholder's meeting is tomorrow, I arranged the necessary files for you today"

I nodded, Watching him.

"I have done everything you told me to do, I verified the datas you collected and prepared everything spotlessly, I kept my promise to you" He smiled.

I stilled.

I kept my promise to you?

Promise?

"Whatever happens, I will not blow my cover, This is my promise to you sir"

It was karan's last words to me just before I went to London.

Is my test not over yet?

Karan's eyes met mine for a moment before he looked away.

"Since Arjun has such a efficient PA, It will make things easier for you" Raghav sir said and the other guy with us opened the door for us.

"You are right" I smiled while Raghav sir entered the car.

Why did father especially ask Karan to pick up Raghav sir too? It's like he don't want us to talk anything privately.

Something is going on...

"Let's go then" I said and got inside the back seat while Karan took the driving seat.

Father want to keep an eye on me?

I leaned back to the seat.
.............

When we stopped in front of the Surya headquarters, Vijay, Father's bodyguard was waiting for us.