five

real life.

Anthony Stark stared at Clint Barton with narrowed eyes

Anthony Stark stared at Clint Barton with narrowed eyes. The man sat on the couch with a casted foot resting on the table in front of him. He still can't believe Clint broke his foot by just standing. He didn't do anything, he didn't kick his foot into something hard, nor did something fall on his foot, he wasn't moving violently around, he was just standing when he felt a shooting pain in his right foot.

One hospital trip later, he returned home with a casted foot and a lollipop. Natasha was the first to sign the cast and she wrote in big bold letters IDIOT. But Clint doesn't care because according to him, he gets to rest for weeks.

"I still don't understand how you broke your foot" Steve told the archer as he sat across from him.

Clint shrugged "like the bumper sticker from Forrest Gump said, shit happens"

"Remind me again, how you qualified for the Avengers?" Tony asked the man.

"Hard work. My charming smile" he answered "you know, at least I was considered for the avengers. Thor simply showed up and we all went along with it"

Thor gasped and stared at his teammates broken-hearted "you did not want me in your team?" He pouted.

Instantly, everyone felt bad for the Asgardian. He was giving them the look of a kicked puppy and Natasha was the first to tell the man that they indeed wanted him in the team and then made Clint apologize to him.

"Thor brings out the soft side in Natasha. I'm not sure if I like it" Bruce admitted.

"But I mean, look at this face! Who can resist this face?" Natasha grabbed Thor's face with one hand and spoke in a baby voice.

"Yes, yes, Thor is very lovable" Tony waved them off.

"Oh, Tony, you're still not mad about the person in our chat, are you?" Natasha smirked and took a seat.

"Who is that person? How long have they been there?"

"You know, normally I would say that it's a security breach, but it's just a chat. We don't discuss anything important there. What's the most they could've seen? Memes? Steve trying to decipher tumblr? Which I advise you now, to abandon that. You do not want to go down that road" Bruce shook his head.

"Dude, what 'chu saw?" Clint took a bite of a cookie.

"You don't want to know" Bruce mumbled and then shuddered at the thought of it.

"Bruce is a true friend. He took one for the team" Clint nodded and finished off the cookie.

"I blame Steve for all this" Tony announced.

"What? Why? What did I do?" Steve questioned.

"It's your fault that stranger is in the chat. If you hadn't tried to send that video, then we wouldn't have a stranger in our private conversations"

"But, but, it was a baby panda" Steve pouted.

"Let's just remove the person from the chat" Thor offered the easiest and obvious answer.

"No, I like the person and their Yu joke" Bruce laughed.

"It was a great joke" Clint nodded.

"We don't know anything about this person! It could be an old man trying to catfish us and take my innocence!" Tony placed a hand on his chest. Everyone in the room erupted in loud laughter.

Of all the things Tony Stark has said and done, what he just said about his innocence, was the funniest thing his teammates have ever heard. Anthony Stark's innocence is no more.

"Good joke, Stark" Thor patted him on the back.

"I wasn't joking. Who knows who the person is!" Tony exclaimed.

"If you're so concerned, just ask them" Steve said.

"Oh yeah, because the first time I asked them who they are it went so well" Tony rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Honestly, that was the best exchange I've ever seen" Clint smiled "even if it did delayed my trip to the hospital"

"I still don't understand what is a rickroll" Steve spoke up.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Hey, Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are the avengers spamming the group chat asking who you are?" Bria called out to her friend who's in the kitchen making herself a sandwich.

There aren't any walls separating the kitchen, living room and dining table. It's a loft so everything is out in the open. There's a hallway that leads to their separate rooms and one large shared bathroom.

Bria sat at the table and looked over at her friend in the kitchen. Alexa giggled as she placed a leaf of lettuce over the slice of ham.

"What are they saying?" She asked.

"Uh, they want to know who you are. Goldilocks demands for you to make yourself present. Iron Idiot doesn't want any jokes and wants to make sure that his innocence will remain intact- oh my god, that's hilarious" Bria laughed at that.

"Did he really say that?" Alexa asked with a smile.

"Yes. As if the billionaire, playboy has any innocence left" Bria scoffed "Cappy wants to know what's a rickroll. Did you rickroll them? Alexa, what exactly happened?"

Alexa finished making her sandwich and walked over to the table to sit across her friend "I was bored and I decided to make myself present in the We have a Hulk, group chat. I presented myself by rickrolling them" Alexa explained before she took a bite of her sandwich.

"Oh my god, Alexa! Rickroll, seriously? The rickroll is dead"

"The rickroll will never die! Old trends never do. They'll come back. Why do you think nineties fashion is coming back? I am bringing back the rickroll. I will bring back the old memes!" Alexa exclaimed.

Bria wasn't even surprised by Alexa's actions. In all the years she's known the woman, she's come to terms of her use of memes and trollish tendencies. For one to accept Alexa, you must also accept the memes. That's what Bria and Shay did. There are days when they're not sure if they regret it or not.

"You need to calm down" Bria told her friend. Alexa mumbled a quick "sorry" and took another bite of the sandwich "So, how'd it go with the Avengers? How did they take it when they found out a stranger was in their chat?"

Alexa's phone dinged at a new message she got in the chat and she motioned to her phone on the table "there's your answer. I haven't talked to them since this morning"

"You're just going to leave them waiting? Not even going to leave them on read?"

"Who wants to be left on read?" Alexa questioned. Bria shrugged "I'll talk to them tomorrow. Leave them guessing for the day" the phone dinged again and Alexa laughed when she saw the new message "Legolas says that a decent person would ask if their broken foot is alright"

"Legolas is the archer, right?" Bria tried to get her Avengers straight.

"Yeah, Clint" Alexa nodded.

"How did he break his foot?"

"He was just standing still. I don't know how that happens"

"Wow, never a dull day with the avengers"

No there isn't.