15- Our Second Date pt.1

Hey guys, I just graduated from high school yesterday! Finally lol!

Niao Niao sees the emperor back fading away, but she can not sweep her smile away. After making sure the emperor is gone, she goes back to her palace.

The empress walks happily back to her chamber, which confuse Mumu.

Mumu silently follows her master and assist the empress to take off her hanfu.

"By the way, Mumu, do we still have the herbal tea?"

"Probably your majesty."

"Great then! Go pack it, this empress will bring it tomorrow to the harem house. You are dismissed."

"Zhi." Why does the empress want to take such expensive tea to the harem house? And why is she extremely happy? So weird!

_____

The next morning, the empress goes to the hall as usual. From what they heard, the plan went very smoothly. Even if there's water shortage it isn't so crucial like before.

The empress relieved because of the current situation is fine, even if it still needs some progress.

At the Phoenix palace, Mumu is waiting for her master to come back.

"Your majesty, what do you want to eat?"

"It doesn't matter." The empress answers quickly as she gets into her chamber.

The empress must be so happy today, Mumu thinks. She prepared swiftlet nest soup for the empress.

Mumu still waits at the eating place but there's no sign that the empress will come. It is already pass mid-day. What is her majesty doing?

Mumu knocks the door, but there's no answer. She quietly enters the chamber and saw the empress sleeping. But why? As long as Mumu knows her, the empress almost never take a nap. Is the empress sick? Mumu shake her lady gently. Seeing from her face, she doesn't look sick.

"Your majesty please eat your lunch."

"Hmm?" The empress finally wakes up.

"Is your majesty sick?" Mumu concerns.

"N-no."

"Great then! Let's eat lunch."

"Mumu, have you packed the herbal tea?"

"Yes your majesty, but what does her majesty need it for?" Mumu asks in curiosity.

The empress only smiles as the answer and starts to eat her lunch.

"Mumu, prepare my clothes, this empress is going to the harem house tonight." The empress instructed.

Again?

The empress is applying her makeup neatly that day. Way too neatly in Mumu's opinion. The empress usually just put on whatever and not caring how she looks when going to the harem house. White face and red lips is enough. But tonight the empress is taking her time to put on her makeup.

"Mumu, which lip colour matches my hanfu best?" The empress showed red and pink lip powder.

Mumu is taken a back by the question. Since when does the empress care?
"Nubi thinks the pink one mattes better." Mumu said finally .

"Yes, I think so!" The empress agreed happily and apply the lip powder.

"I'm done!" She says. "Mumu, how do this empress look? Do I look good?"

Her moon shaped eyebrows are neater than usual, her face is white and beautiful, a smile curved from her lips. Very captivating. A true beauty indeed.