THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
( HANGOVERS AND HANGOUTS )

THE FIRST THING NICK noticed when he woke up the next morning was the pain in his head

THE FIRST THING NICK noticed when he woke up the next morning was the pain in his head. It wasn't terrible, but it was enough to make him frown in pain and cover his head with one of his pillows, blocking out the light that was streaming in from his window. The second thing he noticed was the alarm on his phone going off, so he reached out and snoozed it.

The third thing he noticed was that all of his covers had somehow found a way to the floor, so the cold air flowing from the vent was making him shiver. Nick groaned and pulled his head out from under the pillow, and squinted down to the floor where his sheets were. He reached it and grabbed them the best he could before wrapping them around himself. He was about to close his eyes and try to drift off to sleep again when it hit him that it was a school day, causing him to groan once again as the alarm once again blared.

The teenager sat up in bed with the covers still around him and grabbed his phone, shutting off all of the alarms and went to check his messages. He had a few from Anita, asking if he got home alright and he instantly answered her. James had also texted him, telling him to wash up in the morning before school and to take medicine if he was hung over. Nick didn't bother replying to James, so he eff the older boy on read as he stood up to go take a shower. But then a piece of paper caught his eyes on his bedside table. Nick grabbed it and read it.

You didn't get caught sneaking back in (you're welcome) but you smell like beer so take a shower or something in the morning. Also please stop calling me pajama boy.
— Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider

Nick's eyes widened. He was positive he has dreamt that part up about running into Spider-Man but apparently not. He clearly remembered constantly calling the vigilante "Pajama Boy", and the fact that he also helped Nick climb up to his bedroom window without falling and/or waking up his parents, and most of everything in between. Sighing, Nick folded the paper and put it in a random book on bookcase before begrudgingly going about his morning. He took a quick shower, got ready for the school day, took medicine for his hangover, and ate breakfast.

Sharon Berry into the kitchen walked into the kitchen when Nick was half-way done with his cereal, Nick silently eating as his mind reeled about talking to Spider-Man and getting into fight with James. The woman did a double take as she looked at her son, and worry quickly etched across her features.

"You don't look so good, Nicky, are feeling okay?" She asked, and walked to the table. Sharon didn't hesitate to lean down and press her hand against Nick's forehead.

Nick subconsciously leaned into the touch, but still made a face to the childhood nickname that she refuses to give up, always saying it every once in a while. "'m fine, Mom," he said through a mouthful of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.