Twenty-four

I want to say so many things so many people I talk to but I know for a fact they'd hate me after. One might result into a physical fight if I told a whole damn list of things to one girl. Holy fuck, this is why I hate school so damn much.

Y/n POV

Pulling the blanket closer to me, I stretch my legs, trying to warm up and fall back asleep. In the process of stretching my legs, I hit my foot on the side of something. Last time I remembered, there were no walls in my bed. Slowly opening my eyes, the bright sun blinding me immediately, I realize I wasn't in my bed, but in a car. Ethan's car. With a sleeping Ethan in the seat next to me.

Shooting up quickly, I look around for my phone. Once I find it sitting in the cup holder, I turn it on to check the time. 8:56am.

"Ethan!" I slap his chest multiple times to wake him up.

He groans, rolling his head to the side. "What?" He asks, squinting his eyes.

"Its almost nine!"

This gets Ethan's attention his eyes widen, sitting up. "Shit!" He looks around for his keys, getting frustrated when he can't find them.

Mom is going to be pissed. Why was I stupid? I knew I had to get back before the sun rises, why did I allow myself to fall asleep.

Gripping my phone in my hand, I pull on the door handle and push it open, setting a foot on the sidewalk before Ethan stopped me.

"What are you doing?" He asks, shoving his keys in the ignition.

I turn around, raising an eyebrow. "Home?"

"Not walking, you're not. C'mon, shut the door, I'm taking you home." Ethan says, pulling his seatbelt around himself.

"You need to get home yourself, taking me home will only take longer."

"And walking will take even longer. Now shut the door."

Smiling thankfully, I close the door, securing the seatbelt in the lock.

"Where do I go?" Ethan asks, beginning to drive down the road.

***

"This one right there."

Ethan nods, pulling into the driveway. Another vehicle sat next to my mothers. James' car. Ethan's car stops behind my mother's. I grab my phone and unbuckle the seatbelt.

"Shit, James is here." I say to myself, opening the car door. "Thanks Ethan!"

Without a second thought, I slam the door shut and quickly make my way to the front door. While walking, I realize when I shut the door, Ethan was saying something. Pushing that thought aside, I open the front door, deciding I'll ask Ethan what it was later.

As soon as my foot touched the floor, the yelling started. Mom came into the room in her yelling fit, James following behind her, rolling his eyes. At least someone agrees with me.

"Where were you, Y/n?" Mom yells.

"I got called into work this morning." I lie.

"Why aren't you wearing your uniform?"

"I was out of it getting dressed and forgot to wear it. They let me borrow an extra shirt."

"Why are you home so early?"

"Slow day, so they let me off."

"What about my calls? Why didn't you answer them?"

"We aren't allowed to be on our phones at work," I pull my phone out from my pocket and hit the power button. A battery popped up with a red line at the end. "And all your calls killed it."

"Then who was that guy who just dropped you off?"

"A friend from school. I walked to work and I ran into him on my way back."

She stared at me, arms crossed and face red from anger.

"You could've at least left a note." She mumbled, turning and walking off.

"Like I said, I was out of it." I roll my eyes. Passing James, he holds up his hand for a high five. I stare at his hand strangely. "What?" I ask, raising a brow.

"Nice save," James grins.

"What do you mean?"

"C'mon," James drops his hand. "You didn't really get called into work, did you?"

"Yes," I nod, sending him a harsh glare. "I did."

Ignoring him, I begin my way up the stairs and into my room.

A short chapter after a long chapter! I didn't really know what else could happen without another time skip sooo...sorryyyy!!

And I'm also at a drive-in and the movie will start soon