Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Ezra Scott is a lot of things, but I don't think he's a liar. When he wants something, he will do everything within his power to get it.  

In this case, I just so happen to be what he wants.

"He is so in love with you, I actually feel bad for him." Commented Vanessa as we both sat in the cafeteria. I watched as she ate her food so easily. I couldn't even think about food, ever since Ezra had threatened me, I have been too anxious to even sleep, let alone stomach something.

"I really wish I could object to that statement." I muttered as I leaned back, defeated. "I hardly slept last night. I'm afraid he's going to start haunting me in my dreams. Do you think I need a counselor?"

"I think he needs a counselor." She laughed, "What shitty luck he has, having nearly every girl his age in America wanting to date him, and yet he falls in love with the only one who doesn't."

"So, you're saying you'd date him?"

"I'm saying if he offered to pay my tuition, I wouldn't be complaining."

"You know this is the same guy whose fanbase made you bald, right?"

She waved her hand, "I'd shave my own hair if it meant no more student loans."

"Hmm, I take it back, maybe you need the counselor." My phone vibrated on the cafeteria table, but I ignored it. My dad had been texting me a lot today, and I didn't want to even read the messages. Part of me was afraid he saw the photos online with me kissing Ezra. Or maybe he was just wanting to talk to me.

Either way, I didn't want to deal with that right now.

"As if you wouldn't be happy with access to a Scott's bank account." Vanessa said with a devious smile.

"Umm, no, I wouldn't, because I had the chance to take it, and I refused."

"You're a sad girl, Olivia."

"I'm not the one looking for money in a relationship, instead of a man." I stood, "Now, I'm going to class early. The smell of this place is going to make me throw up."

"Throw up from anxiety, or misery because you make poor decisions?"

"Shut up." I walked out of the cafeteria and took a deep breath. So far, I had only seen Ezra earlier in class, but he didn't say anything. We had locked gazes the moment I saw him, but for the first time, he looked away first. I had even caught myself staring at him throughout the entire class period. He hadn't looked any better than he did yesterday, his eyes still displayed dark, luminous circles, and he looked exhausted. He wasn't sleeping because of me. Because I may just be the only person to have ever denied him something he wants.

Why don't I feel good about that?

What was worse was it wasn't entirely Ezra's wicked self that was haunting me in my dreams, it was the cruel words I said to him. The look of brokenness on his face yesterday was shocking. It's not that I never thought he had feelings, but it was still a surprise to see him so hurt.

That word; 'unlovable' must have history with him. I regret what I said. Even if he is an arrogant ass.

I walked to my next class as I normally do when everyone is still at lunch. The light was off, and I happily walked up to my desk and placed my books and papers on it. I put my hand into my pocket for my phone, and immediately began to panic.

I must have left it in the cafeteria.

I groaned in frustration as I dropped my book-bag on my desk and walked out of the room. I spent the entire way from the classroom to the cafeteria cursing myself for being stupid and not paying attention.