3.4

"So, your name is Le Hua, the left-hand man of, Qi Lu the Supreme Commander of the Military Men in this country and the right-hand man right there, who's still asleep is Le Chen. So let me get this straight, the First Rank General betrayed your team and ambushed you thus leaving you guys there with wounds all over your body. Wow that's so bad." Bao Xi said while he's squatting down facing the two other people inside the cell.

"Yes, yes! They wanted to kill our supreme commander so that he can reign inside the base! That guy is just vicious and greedy all he can think about is himself!" Le Hua said angrily as he reaches for the bowl of gummy bear they're sharing.

Qi Lu just kept quite while he observes the man who's still very focused on what he's doing, not even giving them a glance, not even giving him a glance.

Bao Xi noticed that Qi Lu keeps stealing glances at Hu Tian and remembered that he didn't introduced himself yet and also Hu Tian.

"Ah, Anyway, I am Bao Xi and that intelligent zombie there is Hu Tian. He's really focus on finding a cure for the infected people." Bao Xi said

"Hu Tian..." Qi Lu whispered softly, he had this feeling that this guy is too familiar.

"Well, anyway, he's the only evolved zombie out there but he did say that there will be no evolution of zombie other than him." Bao Xi explained further.

Hu Tian who's focused on his work finally found it. He finally finished one theory!

"Finally!" Hu Tian said as he abruptly stands up. Hu Tian feels like it's been years just to finish one theory but it had actually been weeks.

"Did you find it?" Bao Xi ask excitedly.

"Not quite sure. I still need to find these things so I can experiment it." Hu Tian said as he let Bao Xi look at the list of the things he needs to find.

"...this...isn't this very rare?" Bao Xi said as he reads the things that Hu Tian wrote.

Hu Tian cleaned his table and throws away some of the papers he didn't need before answering Bao Xi's question.

"En, but don't worry I'll find it." Hu Tian took the list and put it in his worn out pocket.

"Let me go with you!" Bao Xi immediately raised his hand.

"En, but what about those three?" Hu Tian gazed at the three people inside the cell. The two are also looking at him with complicated expression while the other one is still heavily asleep.

"Can we keep them?" Hu Tian's face cracks from what Bao Xi said.

Keep them? What are they? A pet? Hu Tian rolled his eyes again and looks at the dumb Bao Xi.

"No." Hu Tian replied.

"But they're still heavily wounded if we'll chase them out, with those zombies outside they will be eaten!" Bao Xi said very concerned of the trio.

The two people inside the cell just look at the human and zombie exchanging words like they're the only people in the room.

Hu Tian sighs and gave up.

"Alright, we'll leave when they get better." Hu Tian helplessly said.

"Thank you, Tiang-ge..I mean Hu Tian! You're the best!" Bao Xi said as he give a thumbs up to Hu Tian, he smiled so wide that it almost reached his ears.

Hu Tian seeing the dumb Bao Xi smiling so wide got goosebumps on his dry skin. This smile is unusually weird and gives you an uncomfortable feeling.

------------

3 days have passed and Bao Xi is diligently taking care of the Trio inside the Cell.

"Here, eat this." Bao Xi especially took care of Le Chen when he woke up.

Bao Xi was so happy when Le Chen woke up just like a wife waiting for her husband but the thing is Le Chen didn't give a single fuck about Bao Xi at all.

Le Chen just looks at the food that Bao Xi offered and coldly looks at Bao Xi.

"No. I'm good just give it to Le Hua. " Le Chen said and continued reading the book Bao Xi found for him.

Hu Tian who's standing at the corner of the cell, watching this scene had a complicated expression. Does this dumb Bao Xi like this paralyzed face Le Chen?

Hu Tian sighs inwardly and felt bad for Bao Xi, this is why he doesn't want to fall in love again. Pain.

"Here." Hu Tian give the always silent Qi Lu a cracker he found a while ago.

Qi Lu stared at Hu Tian like Hu Tian owed him money.

"What?" With his one brow raise Hu Tian stares back at the weird Qi Lu.

This guy is weirder than a Zombie. He can feel his burning gaze coming from him these past few days they've been together. Is he actually planning to kill him? Now he really wants to chase them out.

They'd probably find a new lab to continue the experiment. He's pretty confident that this will be a success.

Hu Tian diverted his eyes away from the weird Qi Lu and looks at Bao Xi who's sulking in the corner like a bullied child. He walks over to him and said,

"Bao Xi, Love is like a fart. If you have to force it, it's probably shit"

Hu Tian said and taps Bao Xi's head before going back to his seat.

---------------