Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

I came inside the house and locked the door from inside. I padded my way towards my bedroom hoping not to wake the dragon-who probably was back by now-from his cave.

I stumbled into my room and shut the door. A gasp left my lips as my face invited a horrid expression.

Books were scattered all over the floor along with some papers that were flying here and there. My, then neatly made up bed was now messed up with pillows and bedsheet and torn nastily. All my furniture were either displaced or destroyed.

My closet door was open with a dim light that lit up the room. I cautiously walked towards it and pushed open the door. Clothes were all scattered, torn and stained.

I frowned and took a step back and turned once again to face my room. The study table caught my eyes as my legs followed accordingly.

I pulled the handle of the drawer and guess what?

All the papers that I had neatly arranged were crushed and torn. Oh I would have never guessed!

I scowled and narrowed my eyes at my room.

What the hell happened here?

From the way this room is messed up, I'm sure it isn't some cyclone that magically appeared that destroyed my room. It must have been a group of people, or heck even animals doing this. But I don't think any animal is that jobless to climb a five-story building just to mess up a room.

So that leaves to the group of people. Okay, I have one question.

Why?

I mean, it looks like they were searching for something or they were just a fan of vandalism and trespassing.

I shrugged and walked out of the room. I did the only thing sane that ran in my mind in such a scenario.

So, here I am having my hand up awkwardly about to knock the door, as Adham stands in front of me with an annoyed look.

Now that I look at his face closely, we look nothing alike. Well, to sum it up, I'm beautiful while he is just hideous.

"What do you want?" he growled. I sighed.

"M-my room is a wreck. Someone trashed it." I informed. Adham looked like he could close the door any movement. "Looks like they were looking for something" I added.

This caught his attention as his eyes widen. "What?" he growled again.

"Are you deaf or something?" I mumbled which unfortunately caught his attention. The next thing I know I was holding my right check on the impact of his powerful slap.

I looked straight at him with glaring eyes that illuminated my pure rage.

"Don't you dare disrespect me" he yelled. "Now, take me to your room" he commanded to which I did as he told.

Adham stood there in the doorway literally glaring at my room as his eyes scanned each and every detail examining it. After a good five minutes, he let out a frustrated sigh.

He mumbled something I couldn't quite catch on and turned towards me. "We are under a threat. you must be responsible enough and take care of yourself from now on. Do you get me?" he advised.

I nodded. It's not like I haven't been doing that for a while. Eh?

"Okay, but what about my room?" I asked as I nodded my head towards it.

"It will be back just as it was before," he said to which I smiled. "Until then, you will be living with the Meshoufs" he stated to which my smile immediately depleted.

"What?!" I deadpanned. "For God's sake, this is a mansion! It has many other rooms. I can just take the guest room that's down the hall!" I cried.

He shook his head. "A guest room is a guest room. it must be only used for the hospitality of guests. All other rooms are either rooms for the men that work here or offices for various other purposes. So, if you want your room. back in one piece, I suggest you stay with the Meshoufs for a week.

"A week?!"

"A week" he nodded.

"The mehshoufs are not only helping me with business now but also with the threats I have been receiving for a while" he faced the room again. "So, if I send you, my daughter there, they might have a sensation that I have earned their trust, which will just fasten our contract. They also happen to have an unusual interest in you." He reasoned and now, made direct eye contact with me. "it's a win-win situation. So, I don't see why not?" he shrugged and walked away from me.

I stood there, hearing the echo of his distinct footstep as my left eye wouldn't stop twitching.

***

"I know!" I whined into the phone a plopped on my messed up/ broken bed.

"Are you serious?" Sean chuckled from the other side of the phone. I nodded with the bottom lip protruding outwards but stopped when I realized he could see me.

"Yeah!" I deadpan.

"Mannn this is going to be fun!" he cheered to which I frowned. "With all your next few matches coming, it's gonna be fun to escape from there"

My eyes widen at what he said. "Oh shit! I totally forgot about that" I cursed. "I gotta figure that out too! Great!"

Sean chuckled again. "Don't worry. It'll be alright. If that Israel guy gives you any trouble just call me up. I'll be there" he said to which I smiled softly. "aside from the visits me and Calvin are planning to do, Of course!" he yelled through the phone along with which I heard the faint voice of Calvin yelling along the lines of 'yea babyyy' or something.

I snorted. "Sure. If you master getting away from a gazillion types of security equipment of course"

"uh... I'll look up to that. Now I gotta go. I have a date with this guy named Xavier, and he's so cute! And he's Gay too! I mean, can this be more perfect?! Omg! I got to go. I'll tell you all the deets later. Bye! Love ya!" and he cut the phone.

I stared at the phone with a frown.

He did not just hang up on me for a stupid date! That crazy motherfu-

Well, Sean going on a date huh?

I smirked and shrugged. Now, That's going to be interesting.

I shook my head and sighed.

I have something else more important to do now. And that's to pack up my bags for going to the Meshoufs for a week.

I look around my wrecked room.

Well, this is going to be fun.

***

***(A/N) Please don't forget to vote, comment and share this story with your Wattpad friends***