3: Secret

The sun rose brightly the next morning.

The early breeze and rays of the sun shone through the window of Natsu's bedroom.

With eyes still shut, he stretched his arms out, hoping to feel the figure of the girl whom he thought was perfect. Innocently perfect. Well, not so innocent anymore after last night.

But instead, he found nothing -no one- in bed with him.

His eyes opened up, still tired from everything.

What he saw were just the white sheets and the empty space where Lucy should have been.

Natsu sat up in bed, staring at the sheets.

Surely I wasn’t dreaming about last night, right? He thought.

And to confirm his assumptions, he saw a stain on the bed sheet underneath the covers. Then he noticed her panties on the floor, the remains of what he ripped. Also, his red beach shorts was missing. What happened to that?

His thumb and middle fingers rubbed the sides of his forehead as he shut his eyes and he chuckled lightly.

Just then, a piece of paper caught his eyes. It was placed on the bedside table where he could find it.

It was a note.

It read:

Hey. Borrowed your shorts if you don’t mind.

you kinda ripped my...

Anyways, it was wonderful.

Although it was probably the hundredth time for you,

It was a good first time for me.

First and Last.

I hope we don’t see each other again.

-L

Natsu let out a long breath which he didn’t know he was holding in.

"Don't wanna see me again, huh" he said to himself boredly as he let his body fall back to the bed.

He chuckled, his bare chest vibrating lightly at the cause.

"That girl."

He said in an amused, interested tone.

.

.

She slowly -with great effort- closed the door of their own cabin, not wanting to wake her sleeping friends this early in the morning.

"AND where were you last night?"

Or were they?

Lucy instantly shrieked at the unexpected voice that belonged to Erza.

She slowly turned around to face her...correction, them.

It wasn’t just Erza who was boring a hole into her head, but Levy and Juvia were wide awake as well. They were still on their pajamas, sitting on the couch arms crossed.

Except for Juvia, she was shoving chips into her mouth for breakfast.

"Umm...I uh," Lucy started as she stood by the door, holding the red shorts that was too big for her.

"Oh my goodness!" Levy screamed in an excited tone, "Is that a guy's shorts?!"

Erza, who just realized it, turned her face into shockmode,

"Wha-Wh-Who?! What happened?" she abruptly went to Lucy and grabbed the sides of her shoulders, "Tell me who raped you and I will kill him!"

"Or maybe...Lucy finally found someone~" Juvia started to sound like a fanatic, dropping the chips on the floor.

"Waoh woah wait, hold it, hold it!" Lucy raised her hands as if trying to wake her friends from their crazy ideas, "Nothing happened really."

Erza wasn’t so convinced.

She crossed her arms and looked at Lucy intensely,

"Explain yourself."

Of course Lucy knew she wasn’t getting off so easily, not when Erza's around.

So she already had an alibi made up before she walked up to their cabin.

Lucy moved towards the wooden-made kitchen isle, acting like her private part between her thighs wasn’t aching. A LIE of course. It hurt like hell.

Before starting to explain her 'story', she had a glass of water and drank it down.

"Here's the thing," she started, "Yesterday I told you I was going away for a drink, right?"

The three nodded.

"So there I was, drinking my lemonade. When I finished, I got up. But then, I didn’t realize that my panties got somewhat stuck on the stool I sat on. It got ripped when I stood up."

"Uhuh?" Erza still found it unbelievable.

"Yes," Lucy tried to look convincing, "So for the rest of the day, I hid in the nearest bathroom. I was planning to come back here when the moon was out and no one would be there to witness my dilemma. But I overslept. Soooo..."

"But that doesn’t explain the shorts though," Levy murmured as she touched her chin, deep in thought.

"The shorts, of course," for a second, a picture of Natsu undressing crossed Lucy's mind, "I wasn’t planning on staying in the beach’s bathroom for another day, so I kinda planned to run over here. To my luck, I found this ownerless shorts left on the sand. I put it on. The end."

Reaching the end of her made-up story, she emptied her glass of water.

"Okay then," Juvia bought it easily. She continued to eat her chips after picking up the food. Weird.

"A possible scenario...fine," Levy soon gave in as she went towards her bedroom, "Start packing guys, we're leaving. Vacation's over, senior year starts tomorrow."

Lucy was forming a smile on her face.

Well, Erza was still looking at her with suspicion.

"What?" Lucy asked like there was nothing fishy going on.

Erza just shrugged, "Oh well, at least you came back alive."

And with that, the three left her alone to pack their bags.

Finally on her own, Lucy let out a long sigh of relief.

She lied.

A huge lie.

But her friends didn’t have to know about it right?

Besides, they'll never meet him anyway.

One secret isn’t so bad.