Company

I knocked on Dave's door, even though I had a key it'll be rude for me to just walk in when we weren't talking. He shortly opened it shirtless with his eyes low and red. "Didn't I tell you not to come back here"

"So you can pop up on me but I can't pop up on you?"

He scoffed. "Yeah" I shook my head and tried to walk in and he stopped me, "The fuck is you doing Morgan?"

"Nigga get out my way!" I pushed, "I got kicked out because of you I have nowhere else to go!"

"Because of me? I ain't do shit to you!" He let me in and closed the door.

"These marks on my neck my parents found out!" I told him, "They said they were gonna have you put in jail."

He scoffed again. "Please I'll smoke yo parents."  I stayed quiet and he kept looking at me, "Why you ain't go to Panama boy house?"

"He don't even live here." I said rolling my eyes. "If you don't like him so much why you keep bringing him up."

"Ay watch yo fucking mouth." He said, "And since you gone be staying here for a min cook me dinner I'm starving."

I scrunched my eyebrow, "I'm tired. I'm about to shower and-"

"And you gone do that after you cook me dinner." He said in a serious tone, "Now go."

*

A few days had passed and I wasn't talking to anyone or going to school, its just a lot going on and I didn't want to be around anybody. I've been cooking and cleaning and I'm tired of it, Dave barely talks to me it's like I'm just his maid or something. I wiped off the kitchen counter then threw the paper towel in the trash before getting a phone call from a unsaved number.

Hello?

Morgan? What's up it's Lance.

Oh uh, hey. What's going on?

I was just checking up on you. You haven't been to school all week this isn't like you.

Yeah I'm okay. I've just been busy.

To busy for school? Listen you don't have to tell me your personal business but just make sense when you lie.

Bye Lance, I'm not lying. Thank you for checking up on me.

Are you coming to school tomorrow? We have a huge test in Mr. Randy's class and you can't miss it.

I said bye Lance. Have a nice day.

I hung up and sat my phone down, Dave came into the house with Kairi in his arms and his friends behind him. "Hell yeah lemme just lay Kai down." He said before going into his bedroom.

I followed him, "Hey. Where you been?"

"Wit my daughter." He said tucking her in the bed. "Why"

"I was just asking. We haven't really been spending time together. I can't even remember the last time we went out."

He looked at me, "And?"

"And, I wanna go out." I said folding my arms. "It's depressing being in your house 24/7"

"Morgan you ain't even been here a week." He laughed. "Chill out. I'll take you out tho, this weekend." He walked back towards the door, "We about to chill & watch the game make us some snacks then get yo ass in the bed. Cause you taking yo' fast ass to school tomorrow."

*