Chapter 23

**Taehyung's POV**

I walked down the stairs the next morning, ready to go eat. I planned on eating breakfast, then getting dressed. I wasn't really tired, but I still managed to get a bit of sleep. I heard noise coming from the living room and walked in to see Jungkook watching TV. I think he heard me walk in or something because he immediately turned around.

" You're already up. " He said, turning the TV off and standing up.

" Mm. I was gonna eat and get ready to leave if that's okay with you. " I said, shifting in my spot.

" Nah, I'm taking you somewhere to eat. " He said.

" Like a restaurant? " I asked.

" Yeah. " He responded.

" I've never been to one before. " I said. I didn't know I could get more excited than I already was. Jungkook didn't respond. I turned around to go upstairs and get dressed, since he said we're not eating here. I opened the door, entering the familiar room. I lost track of exactly how long I've been here. I'm not good at keeping dates. I grabbed a shirt and was contemplating pants when I heard my door open.

" If I wear tighter pants, will I be able to take them back off? " I asked.

" Well, yeah. " Jungkook said. I didn't answer and grabbed my selected clothes. I went to the bathroom and closed the door. I put on a slightly oversized gray sweater and black jeans. I walked out after doing a few usual things  and put my old clothes in the hamper. I was surprised to see that Jungkook was still there. He was dressed in dark jeans with holes in them and a black long sleeve shirt. I stood a few feet away from him, awkwardly. Aren't people gonna see his eyes and think that's weird? I was confused when he walked past me into the bathroom, returning with a small container.

" I'm going to fix your hair. " He said, opening the container. I attempted to stay as still as I could, feeling his hand in my hair. He eventually stopped putting the container back. I didn't even bother to return to the mirror.

" When are we leaving? " I asked.

" Whenever I get around to actually doing something. " He said.

" Like what? " I asked. He waved me over as he walked out of the room. I followed him until we arrived at a bathroom that was even larger than the one in my room.

" I need to put this stuff all over my skin so I don't burst into flames. " He began, setting an overly large bottle of something on the counter. He pulled out a small container with two round lids. He didn't say what it was for. He then pulled out a spray.

" This is basically a spray version of the stuff in the bottle. Use it for my hair to make sure my scalp isn't exposed. " He stated. I just watched. No wonder he doesn't leave the house much.

" I'll get ready. Go wait downstairs. " He said. I left the bathroom, taking the same way we got here to leave. I went down the stairs and sat on the couch in the living room. I tapped my fingers on my knee, waiting. He eventually came down and I stood up.

" Your eyes are brown? " I said, noticing the dark red was gone.

" There are things called contacts. They are basically little round things you can put over your eyes to change the color. " He explained. I nodded, excitedly walking towards the front door. I didn't make it however because my wrist was grabbed and I was pulled back.

" Unless you plan on walking two and a half hours, we're driving. " He said.

" I thought I wasn't allowed near your cars. " I said, following him when he turned away.