First Snow

• Dedicated to my blessed readers!!!!

Chapter 29- First Snow.

    I was beyond happy that the antidote worked, though, I still can't walk. Yamamoto and Kuriyama Sensei tried many ways to help it but no, I just have to accept the fact that I can't walk. So, today I woke up smiling, no one is in the ward except for the sleeping Yukina on my side. Today is 19th of December, but the snow is yet to rain down. The weather is cold and the heater inside the ward is not helping at all.

    It was 8 in the morning and I'm having this strong urge to run to the garden and scream. But I'll wait for Yukina to wake up. Fourteen minutes later, I was limping towards the garden. Was planning to stop by Kuriyama Sensei's room but stoppped dead when I reached the doorknob.

    "How long will it last?" a male voice said from the inside, probably Yamamoto Sensei talking to Kuriyama Sensei.

    "I don't know. But the antidote does make her feel better, no?" Kuriyama Sensei answered.

    "It's not stable, Sumire. Anything could happen."

    "I know. Let's just pray for the best and search further. She'll live till then. I'm sure!"

    I stared at the door. Antidote. Unstable. What—the antidote they used on me is not stable? Meaning, I'll die anyway? The fear of those thoughts rushed within me and I quickly turned away from the door, limping back towards my ward but unfortunately fell knee first then elbow. Wincing, I crawled back, biting my lower lip, trying to ease the pain and frustration knowing I wouldn't last even with the help of the antidote.

What will be Seijuurou's reaction?

No, someone help me, please.

*  *  *  *

    "She's coming around." A voice said. Hm? Who's that? Reo?

    "Kina." Seijuurou?

    I opened my eyes. "Whoa." I muttered as the light blinded me. I grimaced and sat up.

    "Why were you lying on the floor outside your ward an hour ago?" Reo asked.

    "I did?"

    "We were going to visit you but found you passed out on the floor instead. What were you doing?" he questioned me again.

    "Nothing, I don't recall going outside—" wait. Antidote. "I was um going to take a walk outside—um the garden. Didn't know I passed out there." I changed my answer.

"....Anything could happen."

    I sighed and looked around. "Where's Yukina?"

    "She went for breakfast just now." Reo answered. Seijuurou just sat there, staring at me. Why's he not smiling? Come on Seijuurou, I need to see your smile. I won't last. The antidote is not stable.

    "Smile." I murmured.

    "Eh? Sorry?" Reo asked.

    I shook my head. "No, nothing. I just happened to remember some of our memories." I lied.

    He smiled at me and I smiled back. "I think I know what you want." He winked then walked out.

    Now left only me and Seijuurou. We were silent all the time, staring out of the window, watching the clouds moving so slow.

    "I shouldn't have fallen for you," I said. Clock is ticking, time is moving. "But I regret none if it, it was a pleasure being with you."

    "In that case," he spoke, directing his fierce gaze onto my eyes. "We'll be together, forever. And that's a promise."