Chapter 9: Love, Life and Laughter

A/N: With 3:1 votes for Jester he wins. So Mad Hatter is next.

Your P.O.V.
It was the day after the dinner at the Gordon residence and when Barbara confessed her love to you. You awoke very early, 6:28 a.m. to be exact, and headed for work. You arrived around 8 or so and saw Harvey sitting at his desk reading this days paper. Harvey said without looking up from the paper "So how was the rookie's dinner with the Gordons?" You chuckled and said "It was pretty good." Harvey said "So did Barbara..." you quickly retaliated and said "Don't go there Harvey." He chuckled and you continued "Besides, even if we did have a thing going on, I sure as hell wouldn't tell you." Harvey then leaned forward and said "Aw, crap." You asked "What's wrong?" He showed you the paper, it said 'Jerome Valeska breaks out of Arkham with Jervis Tetch'. You sighed and said "Well I kinda expected that." Harvey looked at you and asked "Why's that?" You said "Jerome hired Karlo." Harvey said "Think they were planning something?" You grabbed your gun and said "Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. Maybe they just wanted quote on quote fun. We won't know till we get Jerome." Harvey nodded and said "Amen to that."

You and Harvey worked for hours trying to find where Jerome was. No luck. He was unpredictable, maniacal and completely insane. You decided to wash up. You said "Give me a bit Harv." He said "Ok." and you walked to the bathroom. As you entered you heard a faint beeping. The first thing you thought was 'BOMB!' You looked around first before causing panic in the station. You searched and searched until you felt your pockets. You pulled out what seemed to be a weird phone. It was red and nearly bat-shaped. You entered one of the stalls and picked up the phone. You said "You know you could've just told me your cell number Jay." Jason chuckled on the other end and said "And miss your attempt to find a fake bomb?" "Not funny." you retorted. He laughed again and said "I want to help you find the clown's creator." You said "And in turn?" Jason said "Ouch, we're friends. It's what we do remember?" You sighed "True." "He's at a circus. Don't know which though, now he's also got Joker's gang down there. Be wary." he spoke. You asked "How did you get this info?" "Some Joker thug. Don't try asking him again." You said "You killed him?" "Kidding." You sighed and he said "He's just unconscious." You said "Thanks Jay." He said "Hey, it's what friends do." and hung up. You quickly got out of the stalls and saw Barbara.

You were shocked and said "You know this (is the men's room/stall was in use) right?" She didn't answer but instead brought you in for a kiss. It was a very heartfelt kiss, very steamy as well. She broke away and said "I was waiting for you rookie." You sighed and said "Is that gonna be my permanent nickname?" She chuckled and said "Maybe you'll get a promotion." You said "That doesn't sound half bad." Barbara chuckled and kissed you again. This time it was quick and when it ended the door opened. Harvey entered saying "(F/N) how long does it take to wash...." he notices Barbara with you. He nearly yelled "You devilish son of a gun rookie." Embroidered with embarrassment you quickly shushed him. He said "I knew it, I so freaking knew it!" You quickly retaliated and said "Quiet down Harv. Jeez. You're loud enough wake Godzilla up. (Why are you in here/you know this is the woman's stall right)?" Barbara chuckled at this and said "I gotta go anyways. See you soon, rookie." As she left Harvey chuckled and said "Anyways, I have no leads on where Jerome is. You?" You quickly said "Any idea where Joker is?" Harvey shook his head then had that light bulb lit. He said "Quinn. She'll know." You quickly said "She'll never give him up." He said "Wait, why are we looking for Joker? We're supposed to be looking for Jerome." You said "He's practically the first Joker. The only one who knows where the Joker is, is himself." Harvey nodded and said "How we going to get Quinn to talk?" You said "I got an idea, but it ain't gonna be pretty."

One phone call later
Quinn sat in interrogation, the lights dim and you sitting in front of her. She said "What's with the drearyness? You trying to be Batman?" Behind her a deep voice said "No, (he's/she's) just being (himself/herself)." Quinn, now shaking, looked behind her to see a dark shadow in darkness with all that was visible being two white eyes. Shakily, she said "H-hey Bats. H-how are ya? Haven't s-seen you since-" "Robin died by Joker's hands." you finished, adding to the caped crusader's anger. She was shaking even more "L-look I h-had n-nothin t-to d-do with t-that." Batman slammed his hand on the table and nearly yelled "Where's the Joker!?" "U-um...H-he's....I....He won't like this." Batman then got behind her and bent down so his mouth has next to her ear. He whispered "You won't like what will happen if you don't tell us." She was shivering so much it might've been winter. She finally screamed "FINE! He's at the Vernian Circus!" You got up and followed Batman out of interrogation while you heard Quinn say "Puddin's gonna kill me."