31. Long Day

I don't think Warren's friend was clear on the one drink thing. My strawberry lemonade with pineapple juice added had something extra in them. I felt myself getting a bit relaxed & I actually felt a little happy. I wasn't going to go over 2...or 3 because the glass was pretty big.

Warren ordered southwestern egg rolls for us to share as an appetizer & Willem added loaded fries. We were at a square table. Warren was across from me, Willem was on the left side & Pavel was on the right. they were just drinking beer too.

The restaurant had maybe 30 people spread about the whole place. My 2nd drink came almost right with the appetizers. I took a big gulp

The server was nice. He came to me "how is that drink of yours love?"

He was about 5'9", he had smooth caramel colored skin & hazel eyes with green flecks. He had a nice smile too. His black hair was in a high fade
No doubt he makes good tips from thirsty women & men

I smiled looking up at him. "It's perfect, thank you. You have pretty eyes by the way" I said after finally noticing them up close.

"Well thank you. You have a pretty smile. Don't lose it" he said

"Thank You". I said smiling bigger. He left to go get a pitcher to refill our waters. They must've known I needed a lot of booze in these. I'm sure it was rum or maybe Tequila. I didn't care. I was definitely not mad at Warren anymore. He came through on my drinks. I guess he actually cared if I was mad at him.

I made the mistake of looking at Pav. He was staring at me curiously. "Are you flirting with the waiter, Zo."

I laughed a little. "No Pav. I was being nice & normal. He's not even my type. You're my type babe..besides I think he's probably gay" I said with a smile shrugging my shoulders. It was a lie, he was my type & I didn't think he was gay at all, but whatever.

I grabbed an appetizer from the plate & started eating it. "Oh we forgot to say grace y'all" I grabbed Pav & Willems hands & bowed my head without looking at them.

"Dear God. Bless this food we're about to eat. Let us be thankful for what we have & not complain. Keep our wombs shut & our mouths open to the food you've given us. Amen." I smiled and continued to eat. I glanced up at Warren who looked like he wanted to laugh. Maybe he told them to double the booze.

I was proud of myself. I haven't started trouble & I haven't tried to escape. I was happy to finally be feeling good. I took another gulp of spiked lemonade, then decied to just drink the whole thing down. I felt myself smiling. I looked out the window "It's such a pretty day outside. Thank you guys for bringing me out." I said

"Yeah, we didn't want you turning into a shadow creature. Eeek" Warren said then made some weird high pitched noise at the end while getting some fries.

I busted out laughing. I don't know why I found it so funny. "Ooh or one of the creepy underground morlock things from The Time Machine movie, that didn't get sun raawh"

 "Ooh or one of the creepy underground morlock things from The Time Machine movie, that didn't get sun raawh"