Chapter 5

I started taking steps back when he started walking closer. I felt the wall hitting my back so that meant I couldn't go backwards anymore. I couldn't walk away.  His eyes were dark now. If you had never seen his eyes you would say his eyes were black, even though they were green.

"Who told you?" he said with a hard tone. I needed to be quiet. I couldn't make him mad if I didn't want to get hurt too much.

"No one" I said quietly. I closed my eyes for a second and opened it. I was scared. The things that crossed my mind of what could happen were the things I never wanted to feel again, even though I was used to it.

"Who. Told. You" he said angrily. He wanted to know. He wanted to know so badly and I knew that I needed to tell him. I needed to tell him if I didn't want the beatings. I didn't even know anymore.

"You said it in your nightmare. You were screaming for her" I finally admitted. He then took a step back and another. For the first time I saw him looking at me with soft eyes. I knew they were not directed at me and I knew it was because of the memories that he was thinking of. He looked so distant and was shaking his head the whole time.

"Who is she?" I asked softly, scared of him freaking out. I knew that he was not going to tell me but I still wanted to ask.

"That's none of your business" he said and he made fists out of his hands. My hands went immediately to my face in defense. Fear started to go through my body and I closed my eyes, waiting for him to punch me. I knew that I couldn't escape it. When I thought that the pain was about to start, the doorbell rang. Never knew I would be this happy that the doorbell rang. I looked at Aneel automatically to ask him who it was, but he was just looking at the door. I was about to open the door when Aneel went to open it. I'd never seen the person before so I thought he came for Aneel. It was a scary man though, wearing black clothes. He was bald and had icy blue eyes. Eyes that could haunt you forever in your worst nightmares. He gave Aneel a little nod after he looked at me for a second.

The man gave just him a package without saying anything. I was curious of what Aneel could have bought from the creepy man. Aneel took out his wallet and put some money in the man's hand and the man went with a last look on me. I felt disgusted and wrapped my arms around my chest. His stare was the same as some people that used to look at me like that.

"What is that?" I asked him. He said nothing and opened the package. It was like a plant, but dry. Then it hit me. That was weed. Was he smoking weed? Ibrahim did that sometimes when he came home with friends. It smelled disgusting and they always acted different when they were smoking that. I rolled my eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me" I said looking with a begged expression. I didn't want him to smoke it and do the things Ibrahim did to me. I didn't want to take it that far.

"Why the hell are you asking me questions the whole time?! You are nothing to me!" He spat out. I looked down, realizing it wasn't any of my business.

"You are right. I'm nothing." I said and went to the door grabbing my jacket. If he was going to smoke that, I was going. I didn't want to know what could happen. I would do anything to protect myself from all the things I would run away from. His voice stopped me in my tracks and I turned around.

"Where are you going?" he said while getting his cigarette with weed ready.

"Why the hell would you ask me that? Its none of your business" I said in the same tone as he said it to me. He just shrugged his shoulders and lit up his cigarette or whatever it was. When I was out of the door, I went to the park just in front of the house. I sat down on a bench and looked over at the children who were playing. Children were always cheering me up. I never had a child around when I grew up but I knew it would be so nice. I just watched the children playing for what felt like years when I saw a man. It was the same man who came to our door today.. He was looking at me and when he saw that I saw him, he quickly disappeared behind a building.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Final editing done (24-08-2016)

Thank you for reading!
Check out my other books on my profile if you want to.

Instagram: sssilentscreamsss
Snapchat: summmmm3
WeHeartIt: sssilentscreamsss (I have some good collections there)