Just an Illusion

Y/n's Pov

I stared at the two figures as they seemed to be speaking and arguing. 'Luke?' I guessed, peering at the one who had come out of the opening that had been made in the large door that separated the Resistance from the First Order. The other figure was most definitely Kylo Ren, there was no doubt about it. Kylo held out his lightsaber, in a stance ready to attack Luke. What was interesting was the fact that Luke dodged every blow Kylo made instead of fighting back. 'What's going on? Something's not right here.' I thought before widening my eyes. 'Could it be?'

My theory was proved correct when Kylo ran right through Luke. 'That's only and illusion of Luke.' I thought. I wished I had a way to contact Luke and tell him I was there and alright, and the answer was right before my eyes.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, sitting cross legged on the salty ground. I imagined an illusion of myself was in between Luke and Kylo, facing Luke. I grinned slightly when I saw that Luke saw me. "Y/n?" He asked. I nodded. We shared a heart felt hug before we heard an angry Kylo shout behind us. I let go of Luke and turned. Luckily I had imagined myself with a cloak on so Kylo couldn't see my face too easily. Kylo just ignored me as I stood to the side as Kylo stuck his saber through Luke. Luke just stood still, acting as if nothing was happened. "See you around kid." Luke said, smiling slightly, before disappearing. He looked at me and nodded in farewell as he disappeared. Kylo turned angrily to me and I just waved, disappearing too, with an unseen smile hiding under the shadow of the cloak's hood.

Leia's Pov

I watched as the illusion of Luke walked out to face the whole First Order, and Kylo. Somehow, I just knew it wasn't really him, but I knew that Rey had gotten to him, the dice in my hand proved that. Everyone else was watching as well, until we found it would be best if we tried to find a way to escape, as that was Luke's plan. Poe followed the disappearing Crystal foxes and I looked back one more time before following. My eyes widened as I saw another figure appear out of thin air. I had no idea who it was, but I knew I would learn soon enough.

Rey's Pov

The beacon showed me that Leia was right in front of me, but boulders were blocking the way. 'Just a few rocks.' I thought, recalling Luke's teachings, and scoffed slightly. I sighed and closed my eyes, reaching out my hand, and calling on the force to help me. I felt the boulders move slightly before I heard a familiar voice through the force. "The Rebellion is reborn today, the war is just beginning, and I will not be the last Jedi." "Luke." I whispered, and felt myself getting stronger with the force. Luke's voice disappeared and I found myself staring at floating boulders in front of me. The was a hole in the cliff and a few faces peaked out. One of them was Finn, and he instantly running towards me. I dropped the boulders to the side and hugged him, smiling in relief.

Y/n's Pov

I watched from a distance as Kylo lead a group of stormtroopers into the Resistance base. I could sense that the Resistance was not there, but up on the mountain top, out of sight. I could see a path leading up and ran towards it, taking a breath before starting to climb. Making the illusion of myself had taken much of my energy, but I knew I needed to continue on. I reached the top and gasped as I felt something going through the force. I looked up and saw Leia and Rey ahead of me. The only ones that hadn't boarded the Millennium Falcon yet. They seemed to have sensed the same thing as I had and Rey turned to look at Leia, spotting me as well.