Chapter twenty-nine: finding his way to her

Charles's POV

I felt like crap right now, like I was about to faint. I tossed and turned in my bed, I just couldn't sleep. Those pills or whatever they were, were starting to kick in.

Was this my punishment for being a horrible person. It's not my fault my brothers are idiots.

My head felt heavy and I everything was in double effects. I couldn't tell what was real and what was not. It was as if I was in another world.

For some reason, I just had so much energy right now and at the same time, I felt so weak.

"Charles, what's wrong?" I head Elizabeth's voice. Like always her voice sounded like an angel whispering in my ear.

She sat right next to me on my bed and then she started running her hands through my hair.

"I missed you so much baby," I whispered.

I tried getting up but it was as if my body had a mind of its own, it just couldn't comply.

I leaned in forward to kiss her. Before I got to her lips I felt a hard punch on my face bringing me back to reality.

"Charles, are you trying to make out with me," Michael exclaimed.

Shit, I could have sworn it was her a minute ago. It seemed so real. I should have known that it was just too good to be true.

"Dude, how far have you fallen. Now you hallucinating Elizabeth."

I got up from my bed only to fall again on the floor.

What was wrong with me? There was this anger building up inside of me and I had no idea where it was coming from. Something about me felt different.

Michael helped me up, back onto my bed giving me a look of disguise.

"What did you take?"

I pointed to the bottle of pills that where laying on my nightstand.

He looked at the bottle then he picked it up, he had that expression on his face that he always did whenever mom told him to clean his room.

"Oh no." He muttered. I knew that whatever this was it was bad, I just needed to know how bad. Whenever he said that it was never good.

"What do you mean oh no?"

"How much did you take?"

"About three, what does this have to do with this?"

"Do you remember that ecstasy I was talking about?"

Now, I was even more pissed than I already was and I knew why. I was mentally stabbing him in the heart over and over again. How many times do I have to tell this idiot to stay away from my things? Why wasn't I born an only child that way I wouldn't have to deal with all of this.

My phone rang grabbing both mine and Michael's attention.

No one has ever called me for the past two weeks mainly because I told them not to and because I'm in a pretty bad space right now and whenever I'm in a bad mood, bad things happen.

Michael grabbed the phone before I could.

He placed the phone on loudspeaker.

"Hello, this is Charles's phone."

"Michael? Where is Charles?" I heard Elizabeth's voice through the phone.

God, how I missed that. I suddenly pictured her in my mind, holding her close to my chest.