Thirty Three

1K votes!! Thank you so so much so here's another chapter for you guys:

-Mia-

For the last week, I had been avoiding Vincenzo and had slept in one of the guest rooms. I needed space and he had to come to me to apologise, I wasn't going to let what he did slide.

Meanwhile, Maria had been in hospital recovering and spending time with her new babies which I had met and they were adorable!

They hadn't picked any names yet and were wanting to get to know their babies first.

We had all planned a surprise party for them as they were coming back that day.

There were blue and pink decorations around the house, Ada had made loads of food and Dante had brought a lot a champagne and alcohol, although Maria couldn't and didn't drink.

Liliana, Valentina and I had gone out to buy presents and during that time, I learned more about Liliana than before. She was a very kind and funny person.

I had rarely seen Vincenzo and when I did, I went the other way as I didn't want to talk to him. He and Dante seemed to be talking again, I saw them laughing about something when I passed. We made eye contact but as usual, I looked away.

We were all crouched down, the lights in the house were off and we were holding glitter, confetti and party streamers.

"Why are the lights off?" I heard Maria ask as they came in. The lights were then turned on and we screamed, "surprise!" Throwing our glitter, confetti and party streamers at them, taking them by surprise. Maria jumped in shock while Leonardo grinned and she then bursted out laughing as we approached them.

"Oh my God," she said, looking around in surprise. "This is beautiful! Thank you so much!" She said as I hugged her.

"Come on!" Valentina said as Dante turned on the music. "Time to get this party started!"

Music played loudly onto the speakers and before I knew it, I was sat in the living room holding Leonardo's baby girl. I cooed at her, stroking her small hand and talking sweetly to her, she was absolutely beautiful. Her eyes opened and her sapphire eyes practically shined. They were so vibrant and beautiful.

She gurgled a little, her small hands clenched in fists and moving around as if to punch the air. "She's beautiful," I told Maria as she smiled, "thank you."

"Okay, listen up everyone!" Leonardo loudly said and the music was turned down a little. I noticed that Vincenzo wasn't here still but decided to shrug those thoughts away. I didn't want to think of him.

"We've decided to call our new children, Axel and Isabella."

We clapped although I couldn't so I looked down at the baby girl and said, "hello, Isabella, you suit this name perfectly." Bella means beautiful in Italian and that was exactly what Isabella was: beautiful.

Her face crumpled a little and she started kicking her legs and closing her eyes as she began to cry. "Feeding time," Maria told me and I handed her over carefully, waving as they left the room.

"She's so cute!" Liliana told me. "I know," I said, smiling. "I th-"

"Mia."

I looked up to see Vincenzo, his hazel eyes deeply looking into mine. "Come with me." I quietly scoffed, looking down at my hands. He was still using that tone of 'making me' do something. "I mean, please can I talk with you." I almost said no but then I looked into his hazel eyes, almost melting.