2001

Turns out, the second punishment of the failed mission is having the body of a mob character and inheriting his bad luck and bad sense of direction. Plus, Zack can't accompany him in head after giving him information about the body's owner. The system can only contact him telepathically if a mission is unlocked. Ivan can only sigh.

The owner was Ivan Huang, the same name as himself, a half Chinese, half American kid who was only a mob character and nothing for this world's protagonist. Seriously, the whole story started when the protagonist saw Ivan Huang getting killed by a bunch of men. Therefore the protagonist knew nothing of him. Ivan Huang is just a very unlucky guy.

This world is a Mafia ruled world. There was still government, but every officials are only puppets to the Mafia Bosses. If you're in the Mafia, you have a high place in the society.

However, Ivan Huang was from an ordinary family with parents who worked hard to make ends meet. He had two older brothers and one younger sister. Apparently, Ivan had went out to buy something but due to his bad sense of direction, got lost, ended up in a private Mafia territory, and got killed by the guards for trespassing without having a chance to explain.

Ivan can't help but think that this Ivan and him has the same bad luck in terms of death. Does the bad luck come with the name?

(Nine: No offense to the people with the name Ivan, this has no truth in it no basis)

The protagonist is Ana Wilde. She was like Ivan Huang, not involved in any Mafia. But one day, she passed by a corner and saw Ivan getting killed. Ana wanted to escape in fear, but was captured by the same men that killed Ivan. But then again, with the protagonist halo and her 'beauty and innocence' she was not killed and was protected by the Mafia who captured her, especially Vladimir Romanov, the Romanov Mafia's Big Boss, in short, the ML after she successfully cured Vladimir's father of his poisoning.

Ivan got to the body at the time when Ivan Huang got lost. Ivan tried to get back to the city to avoid the private territory, but his efforts were in vain. He tried searching in Ivan Huang's memory any knowledge about the territories. Unfortunately, Ivan deemed the original owner ignorant about said territories.

In his original life and Adrian's, he never got lost for hours. But here he is, seeing that oh-so-familiar corner for the nth time. He really did inherit that bad sense of direction. This punishment is too cruel.

To top all of his problems, he can't ask Zack to help him. And Zack's last words to him were not helpful either.

[Ivy, you shouldn't fail this mission because this isn't a demo anymore. It may lead to obliteration.]

Nope, not very helpful.

All Ivan has now is Ivan Huang's memories, Ivan Huang's main wish (which is of course, to not get killed damn it) and second wish (be able to marry and have children), his previously learned skill in medicine, and the bad sense of direction.

Which isn't a very good trait right now.

If Ivan steps a foot into that territory, he's dead. Literally. Not only is Ivan Huang dead, but also him, Ivan Stanley. That's not good at all.

Again, Ivan saw the familiar corner. He was going around in circles!

'Waah! I'm going to blow this place up!'

Not that he can but, moving on...

Ivan inhaled and looked at the alley beside that 'I'm-going-to-blow-this-place-up-if-I-see-that-again' corner that he hadn't went to yet. It maybe his way out to the city or his way to death. Ivan still wants to be married to his love one, so he doesn't think obliteration as an option right now. But if he doesn't go in this alley, he'll just continue going in circles all day.

The host gathered all his courage and stepped inside that alley. After one step, nothing bad seemed to happen so Ivan exhaled in relief.

Yes, he held his breath for that long, don't judge.

"Hey kid, this is private territory, you know?" a big burly man with men behind him suddenly appeared and spoke this to Ivan.

'Bad luck, this is absolutely bad luck!'

The Mafia, even though known to be ruthless, doesn't kill on a whim. The original owner must have done something to provoke this guys. Zack hadn't let him know what it is (part of the punisment apparently) (ah, too many punishments!). Ivan had to be really careful with his actions.

He laughed awkwardly and tried to reason, "Uhmm... I'm sorry. I was lost and was going in circles." the man's brows furrowed and the host cursed inwardly.

The burly man nodded towards the men nd they started to circle him. Death. This was definitely Ivan Huang's death!

'This is it, Zander, I'm sorry I can't attend the wedding, please send the drunk truck driver in jail for me. Tell my friends that even though they empty my wallet all the time, I treasure them. I love you, goodbye huhuhu...'

"What's happening here?"

'Huhu... Even the male lead made his appearance, I'm sorry Ivan Huang, but it seems we share the same bad luck.'

---

Happy 2K reads and 280+ votes~
Here's the second arc and I promise that I won't let you read an abrupt ending such as the Chapter 1007 (maybe😏)

Nine