Chapter Thirty Seven

Two boring weeks had passed.

For unknown reasons, my negligees kept disappearing without any trace. Fu Zhuang stopped selling me fabrics. Even the tailor kept avoiding me, saying she was busy. Then I've heard that she suddenly became rich and changed trade. Now, she's a rice exporter. Everywhere I go, no one was willing to make me a negligee.

So I had Xiao Yu sew for me. At first, her work was unwearable. But after a week of relentless sewing, she became a negligee expert creating one or two pieces a day. So even if I lose a negligee the day before, I'd still have another one to use for the day after.

As for me, I was stuck in my room reading romance novels which Ning Ai had given me. I once asked if she could bring her son, Lei, to the manor and she did. I was captured by Lei's cuteness that I told her to bring him back again today.

"Madam, I haven't seen Xiao Yu." Ning Ai spoke as she rummaged inside her bag.

"She's sewing." I shortly answered, not wanting to wake up the sleeping child cradled in my arm.

"Again?" Ning Ai laughed in a hushed tone as she brought out a book from her bag. She laid it on top of the table and took her child from my arms.

"Madam, look at that book."

I picked the book up and flipped it open. My eyes widen seeing the illustrations of a man and woman in a precarious position..

"Ning Ai, what kind of book is this?" I asked, still flipping through the pages.

Nimg Ai looked around to make sure no one was listening to us before she carefully neared me.

"Madam, that is the one I was telling you about. Unfortunately, I was only able to buy book two as the supplies immediately sold out even though you can only buy it under the table," Ning Ai paused for a bit, "because it is illegal."

The other day, Ning Ai informed me about a popular book that has been circulating in the common masses. A book that is based on me, entitled 'The Naughty Adventures of the First Princess.' I was curious about it so I told Ning Ai to get me a copy.

I was expecting something naughty in the sense of being mischievous and playful. Well, it turned out to be an erotica complete with drawings. I should have known just by the reading the title. Now I know why it was illegal.

"And you told me this is book two. So there are more?" I asked in a confused voice.

"Madam, as of now, there are only four books. The first book is with the First Prince. The second book is with the Second Prince. The third book is with the Crown Prince. The fourth book is wit-"

I cut off Ning Ai.

"Okay, enough. I get it." I rubbed my temple, my head was starting to ache.

There are four books which means the demand is high and its doing well in the market. I better find the damned author and demand my share of the profit. My allowance is running low.

"Madam, are you okay?" Ning Ai worriedly looked at my paling face.

"I think I need to rest." I stood up from my seat.

"Would you like me to bring you some soothing tea?" Ning Ai offered but I shook my head.

"No, its okay. You better go and put Lei in her crib so she won't be disturbed from her sleep." I dismissed Ning Ai and she nodded.

I grabbed the book before rushing inside my chambers.

[[Somewhere in the unknown...

"Master..." One of the masked man's subordinate came forward.

"What is it?" The masked man raised his head.

"I have something to show you." The subordinate placed a package on top of his master's table before quickly running out of the room.

The masked man tore the package open and saw a book with the title 'The Naughty Adventures of the First Princess Book III."

He arched a brow and opened it. After a minute, the only thing left of the book were its shredded pages.

He calmly summoned one of his subordinates and with another sinister smile painted on his lips, he instructed, "I want the author of that book to be exiled ten empires away from here, burn all the copies of the book and lastly, make sure that the First Princess never hears of this. Or else..."]]

Another boring week had passed.

According to Ning Ai, the author of the book was pressed of charges and as a result, he was exiled to a faraway land. All the copies of the book magically disappeared just like how my negligees went missing.

What a shame, I haven't even taken my share of profit.

Then I remembered I still have a copy of the book hidden under my bed. I have to admit, the book was interesting. The author knows how to create tension and build climax. I will dispose of it once I finished it.

"Miss, a letter came." Xiao Yu handed me a rolled scented paper. I unknotted the bow and the word 'invitation' first caught my eye.

"Miss, what is it?" Xiao Yu curiously took a peek.

"An invitation to the noble wives' wine tasting party." I answered.

"Miss, are you going?" Xiao Yu asked.

"I don't know. Though a good wine sounds tempting." I shrugged and tossed the invitation letter inside the drawer.

Xiao Yu helped me wash up, I laid on my bed and pretended to sleep. When I was sure that Xiao Yu was gone, I took out the book under my bed and continued reading.

I couldn't help but be jealous of the Princess Bai Fan in the book. She was obviously having the time of her life. Though I have to censor Chen Hui's name to not ruin the mood.

After reading a chapter, I slipped the book back to its hiding place and soon enough, sleep came.

I dreamt that Chen Mu came back. He entered my room, gently kissed my lips and laid beside me.

But my dream was cut short when I suddenly woke up from feeling too hot, like being enclosed in a warm hug.

"Hot." I drawled irritably, still not fully awake.

"Shhh..." A voice hushed me, "Fan'er behave."