Chapter 30

Leon's leg bounced impatiently as they hovered over the continent of South America waiting for clearance to land.

"Ugh, the anxiety is killing me! Does someone have anything to mellow me out? Valium or some weed?" William clutched his neck pillow while Rey rolled his eyes while he worked ignoring his fiancé.

"Clam down Will," Leon was already on edge and having William talking and fidgeting all throughout the flight had him past his breaking point.

Rosalinda couldn't be closer to him. Leon knew the closer he got Jamie's feverishness amplified. Rosalinda and the baby didn't need any of that.

"I have the feds keeping an eye out below for Jamie and Rosalinda. They have their pictures and Jamie is most likely to stay close to the airstrip." Rey announced.

William smiled. "I can't wait till his ass is busted. The day I see him wearing a tacky jumpsuit is the day I stop using wrinkle cream."

Rey scoffed. "What relevance does your face have with Jamie in jail?"

The couple argued in the corner while Leon looked down at his phone: Rosalinda holding Jo in her arms as she rocked his daughter sleep.

Pain tore at his heart; had he woken up, Rosalinda would have never been in this predicament, instead she would have been happily pregnant with her icy feet tucked under him, relaxed and protected.

Fuck! He was so blind! In caring about none other than himself he failed to see the setup Jamie planned, he should have known. The sadistic part when he was temporarily blind he couldn't sense an ounce of Rosalinda's intentions towards him due to being so bitter, but was able to experience the type of person Marsha was compared to Rosalinda.

Leon rubbed his tired face. It was no use beating himself up. What's done is done, he just hoped to have Rosalinda back in his arms with their baby and hopefully married.

The corner of his lips elevated into a smirk, turning his face towards the window. The constant need to want to marry a woman who was the complete antithesis of what he had originally thought he needed amused him.

Impassioned he couldn't cease to think of tying his life to hers, having her at his side, not as a possession but, as his equal.

In the past he swore women like Marsha: high class and well known was what he needed. He was wrong, as much to his dismay he hated being wrong even when admitting it to himself. Rosalinda: small, quite, practically a mouse in an old farmhouse came into his life, with her sweet voice and compassion for others slinked into his chest and knew that that's where she belonged.

Took a while and disgruntled mistake after mistake till the answer smacked him in the face. Of course, it took extremes for him to see with true clarity, Rosalinda the little doll he thought her to be was actually the manipulator. Everything she did was to benefit all.

She was the one for him.

Hell, she even made him cut back on the drinking. The juices and food she made were enough to leave him dumb and full but, the one hunger he will never be able to whet was his endless hunger for her body. The soft silk of her skin against his, his lips between her thighs making her wither and moan, moans that made him harder than tungsten. Fuck even while she slept her mewling and moaning kept him up with a raging hard on but those small meek noises that came from her was blissful torture.

Leon darkly laughed when he turned his head at the untouched whiskey beside him. It didn't appeal to him at the moment.

"We're landing," Rey announced.

Leon darted out his chair as soon as the doors opened. Shoving his arms into his sports jacket he rushed down the plane and was guided into the security office.