¤ Stolen Weapon ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

The howl alone left a chill in my bones, and Heath's sound warning was followed by the rest of the assigned border patrols, their loud cries simultaneously ringing through the land of the pack.

My heart was hammering through my chest, my hands shaking in complete horror knowing that violence was at its peak.

And that whoever took hold of Killian's life once, was here to take him back.

"Stay in the house and don't come out," Killian ordered, his voice setting into a deeper tone of superior command as he slid on his shirt.

"I'm coming with you-"

"No you're not," he snarled as he picked up my bag and handed it over to me, "Run back to the house and keep the doors and windows shut. This isn't a fucking game."

I sneered and dropped the bag onto the ground, trying to catch up with his strides as he went towards the direction of the breach, "I know it's not, that's why I'm going with you."

A growl went past his lips and my shoulders instinctively curled forward as soon as he stopped and turned around to meet my gaze, his eyes completely blue and aglow as the wild in him surged forward with an intent to fight.

And my instinct was urging me to bend my will and submit to my superior.

His influence was unbearable now that he was seeping with untethered ferocity, and I had to fight back the wince from leaving my mouth as the threat of him weighed down on me.

"They're after me. It's not safe out there, and they won't hesitate to use you against me," he gritted out.

"This is my pack too, Killian, and I can't just hide and hope that everyone else is safe!" I bit back.

Killian knew he was wasting time trying to tell me otherwise, and he clenched his jaw as he shook his head to himself.

"We can't waste time. Let's go."

And with that, we hurried to the East where Heath was the first to break out the call.

We managed to reach a clearing, where werewolves trained as the first line of defense were already standing prepared and waiting for command.

Amidst the group of defense was Reed, and as soon as he took notice of Killian's approach, he pulled himself away from the crowd to address the Alpha.

"Where's Heath?" Killian asked right away as his eyes looked around the area in search for his second in command.

A grim look took over Reed's features, and his form quickly tensed up as the thought of his younger brother crossed his mind.