Chapter one

***************************************************************************************

(Picture of Tash🔝)

"What screws us up a lot in life is the picture in our heads of how it's suppose to be"
-unknown

Tash POV

I drag myself out of bed to switch off the annoying alarm.
I put it far away from me, knowing that if it stayed on my bed side I wouldn't wake up. 

Switching on my phone I see no new messages. Like seriously, my social life is nonexistent since most of my friends are married with kids or travelling the world. And here I am, stuck with my Aunt.

You shouldn't say that. You know how hard she works to look after both of you.

My subconscious warns me.

I instantly feel remorse because it's true. I give a lot of respect to my aunt, because on that day she's the only one that came back for me and raised me up, her and my uncle, until he passed away.

I push those sad memories to the back of my head and think of something more positive.
Suddenly I realize that there is no noise coming from the kitchen,  which is strange,  because my aunt is always up before me. 

I walk to her room and peek through, to find her soundly asleep, her chest moving up and down in a slow rhythm. It's sad to see her getting old but she still looks young,  if you understand what I mean.   

I decide that I'm going to make breakfast today and make my way to our kitchen.

Checking around for the ingredients, I whip up my classic California club grilled cheese sandwich for myself and a bowl of granola and yogurt for my aunt. 

(California Club grilled cheese sandwich

(California Club grilled cheese sandwich. 🔝)

"You going to look old by my age if you keep eating like that." my aunt says in her morning voice, suddenly appearing  at the door.

" my aunt says in her morning voice, suddenly appearing  at the door