Chapter VI

Act II of Devotion: Endurance

Chapter VI: Nothing Is Difficult Anymore

"The passing days to come after the betrothal of Leila Lannister and Rhaegar Targaryen in the conclusion of the Tourney of Lannisport was filled with events that will never be forgotten by all. These events happened all at once and each would affect Leila Lannister for years to come. The tensions with Dorne, the blossoming relationship with the prince of Dragonstone. The next chapter of Leila Lannister's life was spectacular in a massive scale and interesting with intrigue. But she believed that the new chapter was a good fresh breeze. She thought that nothing will be difficult anymore. But that is where she was wrong for things would go wrong sooner or later in her life."

-Maester Maekar, Chapter IV of the White Queen

2 7 6  A  C

D O R N E

S U N S P E A R 

LOREZA MARTELL HAD NEVER THOUGHT THAT SHE WOULD SEE THE DAY HER ELDEST SON AND HER OWN HUSBAND BE STANDING BESIDE ONE ANOTHER WITH FURY IN THEIR EYES. Loreza knew the reason why they were even in front of her now, joining forces for the very first time. Loreza was much closer to Doran than Mors is. Mors Jordayne was much closer to Oberyn, for they were very similar people. Mors was interested in adventure, about answering things that were of curiosity and the unknown. Oberyn was him in his youth, before he was prince consort to Loreza. But Doran, he was just like her in every way. Cautious, forward thinking and always thinking of ways to avoid conflict. Loreza is Doran in the flesh of the present. But she knew that there was always common cause between father and son when it came to family. To them, family is more important than anything else. 

"What do I owe the pleasure of meeting both my husband and my son at the same time in this fine busy day?" Loreza questioned as she fixed her hands upon the desk, looking at the two of them with a smile on her lips. "Or did you just want to visit me?"