(29) I am home.

Chapter 29- I am home

There was only a few days left until we had to hold our event for Bill and Mary, and to be truthful, Kyle and I had not sorted anything.

Obviously we had Briony's arrangement which she was still on the move, but that was a few weeks away. This event was on us, and we hadn't even started yet.

"We need to start getting stuff now, Kyle, or we'll run out of time," I said as I started to feel a little worried.

We were currently sitting on a park bench, deciding that it would be much better if we were out in the fresh air. And it was true, I could think better with the fresh air surrounding us, even when Kyle jumbled my brain up.

"We've got this sorted, okay? Stop worrying, we're doing this together, nothing can go wrong," he replied as his arm wrapped around my waist from beside me.

"We're so unorganised," I groaned as I laid my face in my hands. Kyle took hold of my hands in one hand, and tilted my chin up until my eyes were looking into his. My breath caught in my throat. He always had that effect on me.

"I said stop worrying," he breathed. "We've got things sorted, I told you we have, now believe it," I sighed in reply.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," I rolled my eyes too.

"I knew you were going to roll your eyes," Kyle exclaimed. "Those amazing eyes of yours should stay looking into mine, not to the sky and back down again,"

"I can't help it, I guess old habits die hard," I replied sheepishly. Kyle smiled nonetheless.

"You're cute, really," he tapped my nose. I pouted and replied.

"Don't distract me, let's keep our heads in the game," I stated. "We've a lot to sort out,"

"I'd rather be looking at you,"

"Well, I'd rather look at you, but we can look at eachother later, right now we need to get things sorted," I replied. It was Kyle's turn to pout.

"How can you deprive me of not looking at the centre of my world?"

"That was cheesy, babe," I replied cheekily.

"I think there's a thin line between romance and cheesy, I mean, it'll sound cheesy, but it comes from the heart, and that's what's important, because if it came from the mind, well...people change their minds don't they? You can't change your hearts decisions," he shrugged. I nodded my head.

"You're right," I kissed his cheek. "Your heart may speak away,"

Kyle sat back again on the bench with his long, lean legs outstretched in front of him. His arm now rested above my waist and on the bench instead, but he still had a hand on my shoulder, he couldn't go a minute without touching me, without looking at me. It were like I wasn't real, as if he was only imagining me. That, of course, was not the case.

I was truely, whole heartedly, here. And his.

"I've got most things we need, I've got contact numbers for bands, the stage is out already, I've ordered that. We've done more than you think," Kyle stated after a few seconds of silence.

"Maybe so, but not enough, it's only two days away from us,"

"All we need to do is get the bands to come, put some banners and things up, and sort out the sound system," Kyle replied. "We'll do that Monday morning and I'll get the bands ready tonight,"

"I guess," I sighed. "We'll be fine," I let out another breath.

"I told you we would be," Kyle replied as my head laid onto his shoulder. He laid his hand into my hair.