3 - Desire Leads To Fear

When Trickster stumbled through the door of Ivy's house, beaten black and blue with blood dripping from almost everywhere, she did expect Ivy to run out of where she was and come greet her and Harley and she did expect her to instantly hug Harley and ask her if she was okay. What she didn't expect was for Ivy to completely ignore her.

"Yes, I see how it is! Ignore the one that was shot multiple times!" Trickster shouted throwing her arms up and waving them about frantically "Nobody loves me!" She spoke dramatically but when she realised she was still being ignored she just huffed, puffed and stumbled away.

"Harley? Are you okay? I ordered Trickster to only bring you here if he did something terrible. What did he do?" Harley buried her head in Ivy 's shoulder and Ivy realised she was crying, in between sobs Harley managed to choke out a sentence.

"H-he tri-tried to k-k-kill me red!" Ivy clenched her fists and stayed silent for all of five seconds.

"I am going kill him and that is a fucking promise." she muttered darkly.

"No you wont." Harley whispered through her sobs. Ivy was about to reply when there was a crash in the living room.

Ivy supported Harley into the living room only to find her flat screen TV face down on the floor, most likely cracked, with a wolf sitting rather smugly on top.

"CLEO!" Ivy shouted like she was about to murder her.

The young girl came bouncing happily to the living room looking very smug in her Batman pyjamas and anything that showed she was once Trickster was gone. But, her smile turned to an almost petrified look when she saw the guilty animal.

"WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE DAMN WOLF!" Her face was now a scarlet red and if this was a cartoon Cleo was sure that there would be steam coming from her ears "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT TV COST!"

"May I just remind you that you actually stole It. So, It didn't cost you anything," Her eyes wondered nervously around the room "Plus, he's still a puppy, I must have left my door unlocked and he got out, sorry Ivy" The green skinned woman glared at her but eventually sighed.

"Just get him out of here." Ivy stated whilst sitting Harley on the sofa. Cleo walked over to the wolf and flicked him on the nose gently.

"Naughty Jefferson!" She scolded with a smirk. The wolf, Jefferson, whimpered but tilted Its head to show he was amused. Leading the wolf out of the room she looked back at Ivy, then let her eyes wonder to Harley, she continued to raise an eyebrow and smirk.

"I'll be right back, okay Harl?"Harley's eyes widened a little and Ivy placed a small peck to her forehead "I promise." She whispered reassuringly. A minute or two had passed and Harley felt the sofa shift with the added weight.

"Are you okay?" Cleo's voice was filled with genuine concern.

"Course I am! Just a bit sore," The blonde took a moment to calm her breathing "Ya have a wolf?" Harley asked, attempting to take her mind from the pain.

"Yep! He's the only animal Ivy allowed me to keep because he's just a puppy but i sneaked the rest in anyway. There was this one time that my snow leopard trashed half of Ivy's plants so she threw her out but I managed to get her back in." Cleo chuckled lightly at the memory.

"You have a Snow leopard?" Harley asked with a smile and Cleo nodded.

"Once you're feeling like yourself again I'll introduce you to them all!" Cleo seemed proud and bubbly, Harley already knew they would get along.

Ivy came back in with a cloth, alcohol, a bowl of water and a pin and needle to take care of Harley's cuts.

"Ivy? Can I take some of the venom from that plant I asked about earlier?" Cleo asked while the red head cleaned Harley's wounds.