Chapter Thirty Nine

After awkwardly greeting father, I returned back to my room with Chen Mu's clothes draped over me.

Laying on my bed, I muffled a scream that wanted to burst out from my chest.

We were almost there.

As much as I love my father, I couldn't help but feel bitter that he came in the wrong time. Father should have delayed for at least ten minutes so we could finish what we started.

"Miss," Xiao Yu came in with wide, triumphant grin on her face, "do you still want to go back to the Western Border."

I pouted and glared at her.

"Miss, did you do it?" Xiao Yu nudged me, wanting to know the juicy details.

I gritted my teeth and ignored her.

"Miss, I still can't get over how you quickly ran to the master's chambers without changing your clothes and on bare foot, too." Xiao Yu laughed, clutching her stomach.

"Miss, it might be that you have truly fallen in love with the First Prince!" Xiao Yu dreamily stated.

Fallen in love?

Not yet.

I like him though, very much.

And I'm willing to take a step further.

"Xiao Yu, do you know why father came?" I asked Xiao Yu, changing the topic.

"I heard from one of his men that the problem regarding the rebel groups in the Western Border has been solved so the General Bai came to report to the Emperor." Xiao Yu said.

"The General Bai came to the Chen Manor to thank the master for supplying the daily ration of the soldiers. He will be heading to the palace later on." Xiao Yu added.

"I see," I nodded in understanding.

"Miss, another letter came." Xiao Yu took another one of those rolled scented paper.

I opened the letter and it was another invitation but this time, it was from Prince Mo Li.

"Xiao Yu, who's Prince Mo Li?"

"Prince Mo Li?" Xiao Yu paused for a moment, "oh, he's the master's cousin. The only son of Prince Mo Chen, the Emperor's brother."

Ahh, another new character?

"Xiao Yu, how did you know about the relatives of the Emperor?"

Xiao Yu smiled and said, "Miss, while sewing negligees for you, I have been studying the master's family tree to help you in times like this."

"Xiao Yu, I haven't said this before but I'm so proud of you." I clapped my hands in admiration.

"Miss, what did the invitation say?"

"Prince Mo Li is inviting me to their Manor in the Southern Border. He's celebrating his birthday in a week." I stated, rolled the letter and added it to the pile of other invitations I have received in the past days.

"Miss, are you not going to attend?" Xiao Yu queried, "You might want to take a mini vacation. Southern Border is known for their hot springs."

Hot springs?

That sounds tempting.

"I don't know yet. Let's see."

I still have to talk to Chen Mu about it.

Xiao Yu nodded.

"Miss, do you want to eat your breakfast already?"

"No, I'll wait for the First Prince." I shook my head.