Vol 1 Chap 11 - Got scolded just because they stood on different sides

Chapter 11

"Love?" Long Lian stared at her Second brother in disbelief. This Second brother of hers that always wear the everlasting ice cube face finally fallen in love? That was too hard to believe! "Is it her background that tempts you?"

The Second prince gave his sister a cold look. "Long Lian, you are being rude."

"Surely you don't mind us being curious about your beauty? We are after all siblings with a good relationship," the third prince said with a gentle smile. "Or are you trying to cover up something?"

"What are you trying to imply?" The second prince asked with an unfriendly tone.

"If there is nothing to cover up then there isn't any need for you to be this defensive."

Liu Chu Chu placed a hand on the Second prince's arm before stepping forward. "Third Prince and Princess overthink this commoner's background. This commoner is nothing but just a simple person."

The Third prince let out a soft chuckle, but hearing it make Xiao Hua's heart beat speed up. The author had written that the third prince had fallen for the heroine in their first meeting. After all the heroine was described as if she was a celestial from the heaven that no female mortal could be compared to her intelligence, talent, and beauty.

Xiao Hua felt so regretful that this body she currently occupied possessed short-sightedness! If only she knows how to make spectacles, then she can feast- cough - admires all the beauties!

"You are just a commoner. What right do you have to dictate a prince's thoughts?" Da Liu stepped forward with an overbearing aura that was directed onto Liu Chu Chu.

Xiao Hua blinked, stared at the third prince with a dumbfounded look. The third prince does not seem to have any intention of telling Da Liu to stop.

What is this? Where's the gentleness that was promised by the author when the third prince interacts with the heroine? (⊙_⊙)

"You dare to threaten this prince's consort?" The Second prince said coldly towards Da Liu, but the loyal bodyguard did not back away. Even if he was scared of the second prince, his face showed none of it!

"Second Imperial brother, this younger brother isn't aware that Father Emperor had already granted you marriage with a lady of unknown background." The Third prince may sound polite, but the two last words were said with undisguised mockery.

In the novel, the Third Prince was portrayed as a prince that was not eloquent with words despite liking to read poetry and terrible in lying. He was also terrible in masking hidden intention under polite words.

But now...What is going on? Why does Xiao Hua feel that the third prince dislike the heroine?

"Third prince, this girl is from a humble family of a merchant in Guilin country. Chu Chu was separated from father when my carriage horse was frightened by wild animals."

"Merchant? Second Brother, younger sister thinks that Father Emperor would not agree to this match," Long Lian straightforwardly voiced out what she thought with her eyes filled with contempt. Liu Chu Chu was the most beautiful lady that she had ever seen, except for her Mother Empress, but her status does not match a prince.

"Father Emperor would allow us to marry. After all, Chu Chu had saved my life and my men. To have a princess consort like Chu Chu is considered as my fortune with heaven blessing."

Why did this diehard fan Le XiaoTing start to think this second prince was rather cheesy? ( ̄_ ̄)・・・

The third prince smiled and stood up from his chair. "Since you are so determined... this younger brother has no other words to say. Second Imperial Brother, do take your time to return. Father Emperor and Mother Empress must have miss Long Lian very much, so it would be best if we hurry back first."