Day Three - World Population 4.7 Million

AGNES LEFAY

"I need to see him" I stated as I rose from the couch, heading for the door.

"I don't think that's a very good idea right now."  Jay commented

"Why the hell not?" I argued "I want to talk to him"

"We can answer any questions you may have"

"But it's not your story to tell, it's his!  Why are you being so difficult?!"

I honestly didn't get why he was trying to stop me.  I headed for the door but Conner softly grabbed my wrist bringing me to a halt.

"He's not himself right now" Conner was being annoyingly vague but there was a slight hint of fear in his voice that piqued my curiosity. 

"Don't be obtuse, Conner.  Just say what you're trying not to tell me"  My patience was wearing thin.  Conner seemed to appreciate my direct approach as a sexy smirk spread across his face. "Fair enough.  Straight to the point, I like that.  But please, sit back down" His arm motioned back to the sofa but I stood firm, raising my eyebrow in challende, daring him to say something.

He kept quiet.  Smart man.

I crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my foot impatiently waiting for him to begin.  I knew I was being petulant but for some unknown reason, I couldn't stop.  Blake affected me, there was just something within him that I recognised from within me and even though he was a grade A asshole ninety percent of the time, I felt a connection to him.  His pain called to mine.

"Blake's- Condition"  He said after a hesitant pause.  "Usually means that the person has more than one identity.  This doesn't mean he is crazy, it's not a form of psychosis like schizophrenia.  Schizophrenics have no grip on reality, they hear voices."  I nodded in understanding but stayed quiet to let him continue speaking.

 "Blake is different.  He has a second voice. " I tilted my head slightly, my curiosity in overdrive. "He has two distinct identities within him.  Both with very different personalities.  Blake and Damian.  Blake has been in control since you met him, hell, he's been in control for nearly a year.  You see, Blake had a rough childhood and Damian came in to existence as a coping mechanism to get him through it.  When bad stuff happened, Damian would take control to protect him.  Blake has no memory of anything that happens when Damian is in control which both infuriates and relieves him at the same time.  His life recently, has been so stable and controlled that we haven't seen Damian in a very long time."

"Not until the dead girl turned up"  I interjected.  My voice sad, that I had been the catalyst for Blake's broken sanctuary of ease.  

"Not until this morning"  Jay cut in

"You mean-"

"Yes.  Damian showed up when you guys had your moment on the couch.  The only thing I am not sure of is who was the one kissing you and who was the one shoving you to the floor.  It's obvious that Blake is attracted to you but he also hates your current- Condition"  He hesitated before saying condition just like Conner had. "So, it's anyone's guess who was who"

Ok, I felt weird that there was a chance that I had been making out and more with a complete stranger.  Meaning now, I had more questions than I had begun with.  But there was only one person who could answer my questions truthfully, especially about this morning and he's not standing in this room.

"So why can't I see him?"  I asked again

"Because when we left him, Damian, was fighting for control and until we know which one of them shoved you and why they did it, it's not safe for you to be around them.  We don't know if he wanted to hurt you or protect him"