• 33 •

Annabeth's POV

"I can't believe you." I crossed my arms. I stormed ahead of Percy. We were walking home and discussing something that had happened in school.

Flashback

We all stood around my locker, Reyna and Percy waiting for me to get my books. While I put my algebra book in my book bag, I saw someone heading towards us from the corner of my eye. It was a girl. I braced myself.

"Hey Percy." She said sickly sweetly. I had a feeling that she was wearing about 50 pounds of makeup, and I wasn't even looking at her.

"Hey." Percy responded. He said it a little too nicely. Damn you Percy, with your heart of gold.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime." She said. Oh hell no. This bitch did not. I was ready to strangle her. When I turned around, it took every bit of my will power to restrain myself. Somehow, I was able to keep a neutral face, though underneath, I was seething.

"Um, I've been kinda busy this week. So I don't think I can." He said. He's lucky. Just because he declined, I don't have to kill him. Just severely injure.

"Oh well, what about when you do have time?"

Wow this bitch really cannot take a hint.

"Yeah, probably not."

"Ok. Well, see you later." She leaned in and hugged him. He hugged back.

The little shit hugged her back.

End of Flashback

"I don't know why you're even angry at me. I didn't even do anything!" Percy said back.

"No. She hugged you. And you gladly hugged her back!" I said right in his face. We had stopped walking and were nose to nose.

"You two are being absolutely ridiculous!" Reyna exclaimed. "Annabeth, you're overreacting. Percy, you're being a little too clueless and thick headed!" She slapped him upside the head.  "Now, are you too going to make up and realize that the both of you are being stupid? Or, are you going to make up and be in love and happy again?" 

I stormed past her. Percy stormed off after I did. Ugh, I just wish I could slap some sense into him sometimes! I got to my house, and pushed my key into the lock. I opened and slammed the door. I was fuming.

"Annabeth?" I familiar voice called from the kitchen.

"Dad?" I said back. I walked into the kitchen after throwing my book bag on the floor at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hi." I ran up to him and gave him a huge hug. My dad was barely home, always on business trips and all that. But I still love him. He doesn't like to leave me home alone, but he has to in order for me to go to school and do dance.

"Dad!" I pulled away. All my feelings of anger washed away.

"Hey pumpkin. How has school been?"

"It's good." I said. Than I realized all that had happened in the last few weeks. "It's crazy, actually."

"How so? Any boys to interrogate?"

"Dad! But... maybe." I smirked at the floor.

"Who?" My dad crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, a smirk ever so slightly making its way across his lips.

"Uh, Percy Jackson." Suddenly my feeling of anger came rushing back. The sound of his name reminded me of what had happened.

My dad saw my face fall. "What happened?" He said. I wasn't going to tell him what happened with Percy because I didn't need my dad to kill Percy. I was already going to do it myself.

"Nothing. I just remembered, I have volleyball practice at 4."

"Volleyball!?" My dad said. His smile wide.

"Yeah! I made the team. My new best friend Reyna—I have a lot to explain—is the captain.She forced me to try out."

"That's amazing! And yes, you do. Anyways, when's your first game?"

"Uh... I think it's..." I paused trying to remember. "I think it's next Friday."

"I think I'll be home by then. I have to leave on Thursday for another trip and I'll be back next Thursday, in time for your game." He explained.

"That's great!" I beamed at him. "Well, I should go do my homework before practice." I said.

"Okay. How about we go out to dinner later?"

"Sounds good." I called from the stairs.

Author's note

So I have some back story of why annabeths dad calls her pumpkin. It's because when she was little, they went to the pumpkin patch when she was like three, and she tried to pick up the biggest pumpkin and her dad had to help her. I just imagine a little Annabeth like hugging this giant pumpkin like awwwwwww. My heart.

Anyways, hope you guys like. I know you're probably mad at me for making Percy and Annabeth fight, but we need some conflict Okay? Anyways. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you guys. Thanks for all the reads!
-bella💕