37: He Threw Me Down The Stairs

Chapter 37: He Threw Me Down The Stairs

Luna*

"Ace is awake."

It's like my mind is on override today because I can't even form a sentence.

Actions speak louder than words right?

Instead, I dashed up the flight of stairs then stopped at Ace's hospital room. The door was wide open and I saw him sitting up in the bed, playing with his one of wires attached to him.

"Ace?" I couldn't contain the amount of happiness that was long missed when I saw that he was awake.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" He tilted his head and analysed me.

The joy in my chest visibly deflated in the snap of a finger and replaced with the sadness that had taken a hold of me just minutes before.

"Nah, I'm just playing, get over here Cupcake." Ace held out his arms to me.

I crash landed into his arms but careful not to hurt anything, "Douche! You freaking scared me!"

He wrapped his arms around me, "That was payback for fake fainting in History."

"But mine was so much better, " I placed my chin on his shoulder and savoured to moment before it was gone.

"Sure," Ace pulled away and saw my swollen eyes and tear stained cheeks, "Hey, have you been crying?"

"No, I..uhh..spilt water on my face." I quickly wiped the remaining wet tears off my face.

"Seriously..What happened?" He saw right through my facial facade.

Okay, that means that he didn't hear me screaming the hospital down earlier.

I gave in, "You know, an amazing person that is on this bed right now..I don't know, could've stayed asleep for the rest of his life and then the family problems blah blah blah."

"Aww, you care about me!" He madd a funny face and put his hand over his heart.

"Shut up." I mumbled and shoved him.

"I didn't hear a no," he sang.

"You just said it yourself, dumbass." I smirked.

I had only spent 5 minutes in here with him and he already made me smiled more times that I can count in 5 minutes than the 10 hours without him.

We talked and laughed while the nurses bustled around him and my friends came back into the room.

I nodded to them as an acknowledgement that they were in the room.

"Okay, I definitely missed something.." Ace noticed the slight tension in the room, "Will someone actually tell me what happened while I was passed out for almost half a day?"

"We got into a fight," Noah answered before me, "But she was right, and we were very sorry that we put her through somethings and that we will never ever do that again."

He kept glancing at me as he said that, it was like he was apologising to me rather than telling Ace what happened.

"Yeah and that we told her that we would do anything for her to forgive us," Raven caught on and joined in.

This broke yet another smile onto my face, while Ace's became more bewildered.

"What about you?" He pointed his finger accusatively at Lucas.

Lucas put his hands up in surrender, "Don't look at me, I didn't do anything!"

"You didn't do anything? So you just let my Cupcake cry?"