Vikklan- Fight The Fear

Vikk's P.O.V.

I sighed, rolling over onto my back and pulling a pillow over my head. I could hear both Simon and Josh yelling downstairs, probably playing football or something and it was keeping me awake, after only a few hours of sleep and I was getting frustrated.

I heard a tiny whimper and looked over to the other side of the bed where Lachlan was starting to stir. It was either me moving or the boys yelling downstairs that had woken him, but his eyes started to flicker open and he then looked around, bleary eyed, searching for the source of all the noise.

"Hey Lachy." He mumbled something before crawling closer to me, wrapping his arms around me and burying his nose into my hair.

"What's the racket about?" I shrugged, happily curling into Lachlan. He was nice and warm and he blocked out the noises from downstairs but when I heard a new noise I flinched at sat up, knocking Lachlan back.

It was the barking of a dog and I froze. Lachlan knew of my fear of dogs and sat up at once, hugging me close to him and tilting his head to the side as he tried to listen for anything else.

I still had the scars on the back of my leg from when I was bitten by a rouge pitbull when I was young, sparking my fear of dogs that had never faded over the years. I still couldn't go anywhere near any sort of dog, no matter how big or small, and it scared me to even see them.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and my eyes widened, hearing little barks and whines which meant the dog was coming up with them. Lachlan sprung out of bed and went to keep the door closed, but he was too late and the door was flung open, the handle hitting Lachlan in the stomach.

And then everything happened at once.

Lachlan feel backwards, clutching at his thigh and then a dog, a boxer from the look of him, came bounding into the room barking and yelping and came straight for the bed. I froze, the dog came right up to the bed and then jumped onto it, coming up to me and trying to lick my face, but I pushed him back and hid myself under the bed covers.

It wasn't much to protect myself but at that point it was all I could do. My breathing was getting heavier and heavier, I was panicking and I didn't know what to do.

I could hear Lachlan on the other side of the room whining in pain, the door handle in the stomach not the best thing and it was probably very painful. I heard another voice, Josh I think, was yelling and trying to get the boxer, whose name was Razor apparently.

"Razor! Get down! Come here, get off the bed!" I could also hear Simon, who seemed to be apologizing to Lachlan and I knew he must have opened the door, rather forcefully to have hit him that hard in the leg.

"Out Razor! Downstairs!" I heard the door close and ever so slowly I took the blanket off my head, now that the dog was gone.

Looking around I saw Lachlan crouched on the ground with his hands over his leg and his head down, his teeth biting down on his lip and whistling through his breath. Simon was crouched beside him and looking in between Lachlan and me, his eyes wide with confusion.

"Simon, can-" He let out a breathy whistle of pain through his teeth. "Can you help me get onto the bed?" Simon held out his hands for Lachlan and helped him hobble over to the bed, wincing and swearing under his breath as he did so.

He lay back on the bed with his eyes closed, one hand over the bruise on his leg. I moved myself so I was right by his head and turned to Simon, who was still looking in between the two of us, confused and unsure what to do.

"I'm scared of dogs." Simon's eyes bulged in understanding and he let out a little 'oh' of comprehension.

"That makes a hell of a lot of sense." Lachlan winced as he attempted to sit out, letting out a moan of pain and falling back again. "Are you okay Lachlan?"