030

Sammy Walcott

I threw my bag down and was sprinting upstairs, taking it two at a time. I was beyond furious and my mum's loud cries, only fueled me more.

I made it to my mum's room faster than usual and kicked the door open, thankfully it wasn't locked. The sight before me had my blood boiling and I just saw red.

Dennis was straddling my mother, her clothes thrown everywhere. Her legs were kicking behind and on her face were fresh bright red hand prints. He was holding her by the neck, hitting her down to the floor.

"Get off my mother!" I yelled raising him up by the shirt and throwing him as far from her as I  could. My eyes settled on her and she was far more worst than I deduced. Far more worst.

Dennis laughter echoed through the room as he struggled to get on his feet. "Little Sammy here again to save Mommy."

I glared at him, my eyes stung with tears. "How dare you?! How dare you touch my mother again?!"

His dropped down to my near lifeless mother, "Well she was being a big bad bitch, I had no choi--"

I didn't let him finish as my right fist connected with his face sending him back to the ground. He spit out blood before laughing maniacally again.

"Haven't anyone ever told you to mind your business, eh Sammy boy?"

"My mother, my business." I sneered.

"Too bad." He struggled to his feet, "Your mother is a bitch, if she could only be loyal, like the sl--"

I didn't let him finish as I punched him again, twice. He didn't fall this time but when his face turned back to me, he had a glare on and a black eye.

"Don't mess with me Sammy boy, I'm playing nice."

"Playing nice?" I asked moving around, then laughed dryly. "You're a monster. Prison bars are too good for you, you deserve a painful death."

"Be careful what you say Sammy boy, someone might be listening and be ever ready to grant you what you've wished on another." He spat out before coming at me with a punch but I was ready.

I dodged Dennis's punch and dived into him, throwing us both to the floor. He was surprised and I managed to deal more two deathly punch unto him. He pushed me off and stood to his feet but I was ever ready and before he could think of what to do next, I was already raining blows on him. I'm better, I'm so much more better and he wasn't expecting this. I pushed him and he crashed into something that broke down immediately.

I was about to go home on him, when my mum stirred and coughed, regaining consciousness. I turned to her sharply, worry clutching at the depths of my heart. Unfortunately, my care only served as an advantage because next thing I knew, something hit me hard on the head making me crumble to the ground.

"There," Dennis voice rang through my head, low like a whisper. "Stay down, where you fucking belong."

The last thing I heard was the door closing shut and after that my eyes shut close.

--*--*--

Each hiss was just like a knife squeezing it way slowly into my body.

"Stay still mum, I'm almost done." I said, slowing applying medication on the cuts on her arm.

"Sammy, you're injured." Mum muttered weakly reaching up to touch the side of my head.

I moved away from her touch. "I'm fine." Not. My head ached badly, like l was going to return back to the world of unconsciousness anytime soon.