World 3.5

When the private investigator reported that the two were in a relationship in the past, Zion had a hunch that everything was planned from the very beginning.

To confirm his suspicion he went to his and George's bathroom and took the toothbrushes and drove to the lab to compare his DNA. And like what he did to the private investigator, he also hypnotized the doctor.

After waiting for a long while, the doctor finally came back holding some papers.

"Yes Mr. Sullivan. The result is positive," said the doctor as he handed Zion the papers.

Zion glimpsed at it for a moment and gave it back to the doctor.

"Thanks. Shred the paper. I don't want anyone knowing about this."

"Yes Mr. Sullivan."

[Host, how did you suspect that they were lovers? They could just be classmates or friends.] TOM asked Zion who was walking to his car.

Zion sneered.

[Classmates? Friends? Are you kidding me TOM? The fact that they hid from their spouses that they knew each other from the past was already suspicious enough. And also the way he treated Garvin, a man like him will not treat just anyone like that. Look at Savannah, he never treated her the way he treated Garvin.]

[So they really were former lovers!]

[Former lovers? I don't think so. I think they're still lovers up until now.]

[What do you mean Host?]

[When Margaret Bradford became George's girlfriend, Katherine Green- Garvin's mother also started to seduce Bradley Sullivan, a close friend of Margaret to get him out of the way. It's not a secret that Bradley harbor feelings of love towards Margaret. So they needed to distract him and Katherine became the distraction until he fell in love and married her.]

[Wow this people are pure evil.]

[Based on the investigation, Margaret and her family was already aware that she won't be able to conceive because of her heart condition. A man like George was very careful. Do you really think that he will pursue her without investigating her first?]

[That's actually very clever. If he investigated her that means he knows of her condition?]

[Correct TOM. He acted as the ideal man of Margaret Bradford. He also accepted her despite her condition so of course she will fall in love with him. This also maybe the reason why the Chairman approved of their relationship in spite of his status. Another reason why I suspected them was George didn't mind that he doesn't have a child. An ambitious man like him would not allow an outsider to inherit his wealth. A greedy man like him needs an heir, he would want someone to inherit his legacy.]

[An ambitious man indeed. The private investigator really did a good job.]

[Is that jealousy I detect from your tone TOM?]

[...]

[This body may be related to him but I'm not, so I don't care if anything bad happens to him.]

[But won't it affect your mission Host?]

[My mission is to avoid dying and give this story a happy ending. If Garvin found out the truth do you think he would be happy? Bradley Sullivan was good to him and he loves him.]

'Now that everything is clear, I now have the time to find my lover. The only thing I need to clear up now is if Garvin really got Savannah pregnant. Elizabeth and Jackson already took down most of George's businesses. I'm going to leave that task to them. My task now is to make sure that he will not win the chairmanship otherwise it's going to be harder to take him down. The election is near so I need to act fast.'

Meanwhile, George Clemente is getting furious because someone was sabotaging his businesses and he still doesn't know who was behind it.

He called his partners for emergency meeting. "Lets meet tonight. The usual meeting place."

After informing his partners about the meeting he also called Garvin. He could feel that his son doesn't want to involve himself with his businesses. But he's his son so he doesn't have a choice.

"Garvin attend the meeting tonight. The usual place. You must attend. Do you understand?" Zion knows that his father-in-law already suspected that he is distancing himself from their businesses so he agreed. He also need to gather more information.

~°~

At around 7:00 in the evening at Brimstone's private room.

"Someone was sabotaging our businesses," George said as he gritted his teeth.

"Do you think it's him?" Director Hill asked to his co-partners nervously.

Director Olson was doubtful. "If that man found out, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now."

"Olson's right. The acting Chairman may be young but he's as ruthless as the old man." George also thought the same. He still might be a brat but he was trained by that old man that's why he never took his guard down. But nevertheless, it caused him great fear and anxiety.

'Young man? Acting chairman? Wait! The acting chairman is a young man? I thought the Chairman was Margaret Bradford's father. I need to ask Savannah for information about this acting Chairman but I need to wait after the meeting is finished. Just hurry up and finished talking already!' Zion was getting anxious that he couldn't concentrate on listening to their conversation.

He decided to go to the restroom to calm himself so he excused himself. While on his way on the restroom he bumped into someone. His mind was somewhere else so he didn't notice the man and bumped with him.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Zion apologized and walked off.

But the man notice him because he was very familiar with Garvin Sullivan. Something inside him stirred when their skins touched. He wants to punish the man for not even giving him a single glance.

It's only a few seconds that he touched his smooth porcelain white skin and only a few seconds to feel his body heat and yet he felt that the feeling was very familiar.

On the other hand, Zion's mind was thinking about the young chairman so he didn't noticed the man he bumped and didn't feel anything.

The man brushed off all those unexplainable feelings and continue walking towards the private room. Even though he was with the man he had been pursuing for a while now, his mind keeps on going back to that stunning beauty.

Meanwhile, Zion went back to their private room and pretended that he's listening attentively. As soon as they arrived home, he immediately went upstairs to find Savannah and to his luck she was still awake.

He wanted to ask her the moment she saw her but he didn't want to look like he was eager. He didn't want her to start suspecting him. So he greeted her and took a shower. After readying himself to sleep he decided to start with a small talk with her.

"How are you and the baby?"

"We're both fine. How was your day at the office?"

"It's fine but some of my co-workers are getting anxious because of a rumor."

"What rumor?"

"That Chairman Bradford was being replaced and he was replaced by a young man." He doesn't want to directly ask who the acting chairman is in order to avoid suspicion.