6 | You Know I Love You, Right?

Semaj's POV

"So where the hell, and what the hell, were you really doin when I called?" He eyed me as I looked over to him.

"I... I can't say" I mumbled and he took a step closer to me.

One thing I will forever hate about Michael is how he is able to intimidate me in the littlest ways possible. Whether it be the way he moved, a facial expression, or the words he said; he was able to make me cower beneath him. And as always to get the truth out of me he stared down at me with his big brown eyes, but this time I stood tall. I didn't want to tell him about Kearston because there was nothing he could do about it. She was pregnant and he couldn't change that.

Michael cocked his eyebrow and I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"We went to the clinic for some testing..." I shrugged and reached inside the car to grab my purse.

He raised his eyebrows and asked, "who got tested? You?"

"No" I shut the car door and walked to the garage door to let it down and Michael followed closely behind.

"Then who? Lina or Kearston? Who's pregnant?"

Michael was hounding me with the questions as we walked into the house. I dropped my purse in a chair at the kitchen table and before I could walk any further Michael grabbed my arm and turned me around. I could tell how serious he was about finding out what was going on, but I was fine so I didn't see a need to tell him Kearston's business, but I knew he wouldn't let it go and I didn't want him mad at me so I sung like a canary.

"Kearston is pregnant, okay? I drove her to the clinic and once I dropped them off I went to fill up my mom's car and some stupid guys rear-ended me denting the car."

"Are you okay?" He asked calmly and I nodded my head.

"I'm just going to be grounded forever and I won't be able to see you until Christmas," I mumbled and Michael chuckled. This threw me off guard so I slapped his arm as a reaction. "What's so funny? You know my Dad. Just because you two tolerate each other doesn't mean he's not going to revoke my privileges when it comes to you."

"You know how many times I fucked up my mama's car? Chill girl," he replied and shook his head, pulling out his cell phone.

"Let me guess you know a guy?" I smirked and Michael nodded his head as his fingers tapped away at his screen.

"I know a guy" he said and put his phone up to his ear.

Michael always knew someone who would do stuff for him either because they owed him a favor, or they'd do it for the low since they liked him. It came in handy, and as much as I hated Michael using his pass connections -for the fear of any past drama or problems reoccurring-I was going to let this time slide to save my own behind.

"You owe me" he said to me as he walked into the living room from the kitchen.

I had been sitting down flipping through the channels waiting for Michael to end his phone call.

"They can fix it?" I looked up at him desperately and he nodded his head. "And in three days?"

He nodded again and I sighed in relief, but got up to give Michael a hug.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," I mumbled into his chest before letting go.

"I don't know..." he arrogantly replied, "what would you do?"

I kissed my teeth and lightly pushed him away before sitting back down on the couch.

"So Kearston really pregnant, huh?"