NINE

HYOJONG –

soon, they were on the road again.

but he couldn't stop thinking of what hui said. were they really staring at each others lips?

bee-woo! bee-woo!

hyojong looked behind him, and screamed. "oh, no, no, no, no NO."
there was a cop car, flashing his lights and driving right behind them.

"what, what, what, what, WHAT?" hui yelled back, looking in his mirror.

hyuna cursed loudly.
"guys, whatever you do, do what i say. got it?"

the two men nodded, buckling in their seatbelts.

the police man got within 10 feet of the car, and then he read the license plate.
"uh, manning? i might've found the stolen car-"

suddenly, hyuna spoke. "hui. do what i say - and drive. backwards."

"hyun-"

"i said, drive. backwards."

hui inhaled sharply, and pressed the reverse button with his foot. the police man's eyes widened, but he barely moved.

hui moved around the tires a little bit, just to make sure.

and then they sped off.

meanwhile. hyojong was literally biting his fingernails off. they, or - hui, just murdered a man. not an accident like hyuna. he literally just put the car in reverse and ran his ass over.

hyuna looked back, like she always did, and saw how concerned hyojong was. she reached back in the seat, taking his hands down from his mouth. "don't bite your nails, they'll bleed," she said rather calmly.

"how are you guys so... ok with this?! this wasn't even an accident, that was murder. if we get caught - i don't think we're like, ever getting out of jail."

hui stopped the car, turning around in his seat. "then leave, hyojong. if you don't like it, there's no one stopping you from walking your way home."

hyojong stared at hui. "but that was... murder."

hui and hyuna looked at each other, then back at the worried one.
"we know."