Chapter 1 - Welcome To New York

After 3 hours of flight and songs, I finally reached New York; LaGuardia airport. From there I had to take a train to Brooklyn which is where my course and studio apartment were. I finished all the security checks got my bags and decided to see Queens while I am here. After asking at the LGA terminal I found out that reaching Brooklyn is going to be very complicated. (I found all the info on Google so I'm sorry if it's wrong) First I had to take a bus to Roosevelt Av. From there I had to walk to Woodside and take a train to Penn station. Then I had to walk to 34 St- Penn Station and board a train and get out Kingston Ave & Fulton St at SE corner. I wrote it all down and tried to decide if I should just take a cab which would be $40 approx.

I decided to take a taxi to Brooklyn since it was simple and I could see New York while traveling too. It took about 40-45 minutes to reach Brooklyn and another 10 minutes to reach my apartment complex. I paid the taxi driver and headed to my apartment on the 4th floor. I reached the apartment and unlocked the door there was a small passage which had a door on the left a bit away from the main. I opened it to find a washroom. I closed the door and went up the passage to the main part of the apartment. It was amazing not too small or too big. There was a bed with black sheets next to it there was a bedside table and lamp and a bookshelf. There was also a small well-equipped kitchen along with a small table and chair. There was also a white sofa for reading. I loved it and I knew that dad and Jeremy designed it together since it had everything I would need. There was a door next to the kitchen which had a small walk-in closet.

 There was a door next to the kitchen which had a small walk-in closet

Finally being done unpacking and organizing everything I decided to go get a few groceries and get acquainted with the area as well as getting something to eat

Finally being done unpacking and organizing everything I decided to go get a few groceries and get acquainted with the area as well as getting something to eat. I locked the apartment and took the left after leaving the apartment complex. I started walking there were a lot of small shops on the road a few clothing shops, boutique's and bakeries. I found a small bistro and decided to get something to eat. I went in and sat down soon a waitress came and I ordered a coffee and some pasta. Soon the food came and I ate quickly since I wanted to explore the area and settle in. After eating I kept walking and found a minimart. I went in and started listing what I would need. After an hour I was done and started walking back home.

Entering my apartment I set the groceries down and then unloaded them. After being done I decided to read something from the books dad had stocked in the bookshelf. I choose a book called The Book Thief; I had heard of it but never had the chance to read it. I took it out of the shelf and made myself comfortable on the couch while setting an alarm for 6:30 since I have a habit of losing myself in a book and forgetting to even eat and yes that has happened many times.

I had finished half the book when my phone rang; it was Jer. "Hey Jer, I'm sorry I didn't call," I said as soon as I answered. "Hey, Elle. It's fine knowing you, you probably went to roam around. How is it? Do you like it there?" Jer asked as he chuckled. "Yeah, I love it. Thanks. It's amazing Jer. You okay?" I ask him before hearing more voices "Hey Ari." Three voices screamed. "Hey, guys. Miss me?" I ask them. "Of course Ari. So much. These boys are useless I can't believe you left me with them." Care said while Jer, Matt, and Ty scoffed. "Sorry Care. I'll make it up." I tell her and instantly regret it. "Yes, you will. Any plans? Cause you could visit a club legally." That's not how it works. "Care going to a club with fake I.D that says I'm of legal age doesn't make it legal." I tell her before continuing, "Anyways since tomorrow is a Sunday I was thinking of taking a tour of New York. There are tour buses that take you to all the major spots in New York so I'm going to do that. I also plan on seeing a Broadway show once." I go to the kitchen and start making some coffee while debating what to have for dinner. "Great that means you're free tonight." I know exactly where this is going. "You can try something new and go have some fun." They are all in this. "If I say I'll think about it will you stop this?" I ask them and get a yes from everyone. "Okay, I'll think about it. Happy?" They actually cheered. Idiots.

When the phone call ended I decided to make a sandwich for myself. I sat down on the sofa since there was a full window there which made it seem like a really cool window seat. I ate and watched as people walked around along with cars going up and down continuously. New York was like a whole new world everyone here seemed to be in a hurry. I didn't know anyone here and no one knew me, while in Mystic Falls everyone knew everyone. I was scared, looking through the window I realized how truly alone I was here. I was also scared of failing my parents and even Jer by not doing as well at the course as they expected. I sighed and then cleaned my plate before sitting back on the sofa. Should I go or not? A club doesn't sound like a bad idea, I could just go dancing it's not a rule that I have to drink. Ugh.

After a lot of thinking and sighing and looking through my closet, I finally decided to go to a club nearby which I found after searching online. It was a ten-minute walk so I could bail out anytime. I decided to wear a dress which had a maroon blouse and a nude skirt with a black belt. I also wore matching maroon shoes. I had purchased this with Care I also took a small black clutch. I put my phone and fake I.D in it. Along with that, I put a stake which believe it or not I found in the apartment closet along with vervain darts? I think. Seems like dad was going to tell me about this soon. I took two small stakes and two darts. After taking a last look in the mirror I decided to leave before I can change my mind. I lock the apartment and head on down. I had noted the route I needed to take and so I began walking leisurely since I wanted to have time to look around too.

 I had noted the route I needed to take and so I began walking leisurely since I wanted to have time to look around too