5 - The Escape

Two hours had passed since Harley had disappeared and Ivy was starting to seriously worry. Hearing a quiet sob coming from a corner of one of the many rooms in the Asylum, Ivy rushed over to the blonde and embraced her tightly.

"It's all okay Harl, I've got you now and I'm so sorry for letting this happen." Harley just sobbed into her shoulder, not able to answer.

Cleo observed the scene in front of her, noticing Harley's clothes were torn and there was a clear sign of a struggle, she came to a conclusion of what had happened and her heart broke for the bubbly girl.

"Right, we are getting out of here tonight! When the clock hits 7 I want you two at my cell."
______________________________________

From Cleo's acknowledgement it was 6:55, the inmates who were seen as the least dangerous and most well behaved were given "reward time" where they were allowed to leave their cells but both Riddler and Cleo sat in theirs.

They were both making small talk and Cleo took a cautious glare at him when he sat down next to her.

"I uh- just wanted to say that I really like spending time with you?" he said nervously and Cleo raised an eyebrow, amused.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is..." Riddler mumbled, looking into her eyes and then Cleo caught onto what he was saying. There was clear fear in her eyes as Riddler leaned in.

"Hope we're not interrupting anything!" Ivy's voice cut in. Cleo looked around rather shocked and almost traumatised by what had just happened while Riddler just cleared his throat.

"Oh no, of course not!" Cleo said, saying a silent prayer to the gods.

"Ivy, Harley." Riddler nodded to them.

There was a small buzzing sound as a hummingbird appeared through the cell bars with a key loged into its mouth.

"Thank you, Lana!" Cleo stroked the head of the bird softly before it chirped and flew away. Cleo turned only to find Ivy with a stern look on her face.

"I thought I told you to get rid of all the animals!" Ivy said through gritted teeth.

"I did get rid of all the animals. These aren't animals Ivy! I can communicate with them!" Ivy glared and Cleo just smirked.

"So what's the key for?" Harley asked, her voice held no emotion, she was weak.

"The key unlocks every cell in this asylum," Cleo yawned "Oh and the front doors." she added as an after thought.

"We're getting out?" Riddler questioned, confused.

"Who said you're coming with us?" Ivy snapped.

"I did." Cleo stated firmly.

"What? Why?"

"Come on Ivy, we all go a little insane sometimes! He doesn't deserve to be here."

"Or maybe it's because you have a cru-"

Before she could even finish the word 'crush' her back was already up against the wall, with Cleo's lips centimetres away from Harley's ear.

"I've told you once and I will tell you again Harley, I like girls. Do I have to prove it to you?" Cleo whispered and Harley gulped. Inching closer to her ear, so her voice was inaudible to Ivy, "we both know you wouldn't complain."

Almost the second Cleo had finished her sentence, she was already forced to turn around and once again, was punched in the face. Cleo shook her head and and shuddered when she tasted her own blood.

"Okay, I deserved that too."

______________________________________
11:55

"Right, Riddler let's get going"