Chapter 2: Hell

Jennie Pov.

At the CMO office.

I was here now standing in front of her desk. While she was seating at her chair, her chin resting above her hands as she scrutinize me.

"Ms. Kim, hmm should I sue you? Or should I just fire you?", She asked straightforwardly. Why does it have to be her? Out of millions of people why does she have to be my boss? What kind of curse do I have to be this unlucky?

I can't answer her as I don't want any of those two choices she asked me.

"You just punch your boss on the face. I can't believe I would meet someone as brave as you Ms.Kim, or should I say someone as unlucky as you?.", She said smirking at the end.

I was biting my lip and feeling anxious right now. I've been working here for almost five years, There's no way I would lose this job. I clenched my eyes closed and sigh deeply before I say..

"I'm sorry.", I blurted out still my eyes closed. I ate my pride, because there are more important things than this.

I slowly opened my eyes as I heard her chair creak. And surprise as she was in front of me and looking at me without any expression.

"Sorry? Look what you have done to my lips Ms. Kim.", She said and pointed at her lips that was cut and still has blood. She was too close that I have to step back a little.

But she holds on my arm to stop me from moving backwards.

"I said you look at it.", She commanded me. And her hands grip on me tight. That it was kind of painful.

She moves her face close to me, so close that it was almost an inch apart. I was startled cause I could feel her breathe on my skin. I was looking at her lips with wide eyes, I've never been this close to someone's face in my entire life. That it was suffocating me. As I held my breath for a long seconds.

I quickly turned my head to the side and shove her hands that was holding my arm tightly.

"I said. I'm sorry.", I mumbled softly. Panting as I finally got some air.

"No one has ever laid their hands on me. I have never felt pain in my entire life.", she said with a deep voice. It was very different that I felt really afraid for the first time. I turned my head back at her. And saw her with that lifeless eyes again. I don't know how to describe it but it looks sad and mad at the same time.

"I won't sue you, or neither fire you. Instead I would make your life a living hell here Ms. Kim. That you would resign at your own will.", She said then turned her back at me. My knees started to get weak as I heard it. I gulped and clenched my hands closed. My heart was pumping fast, I was so scared, scared of losing my job. Scared of the person in front of me. Why does it have to be me?

--------------------------

I went back to my seat. Heaving a deep sigh, as I felt so exhausted early in the morning.

"Unnie? What happened with you? How did you know the new CMO?", Mina whispered as she came closer to my cubicle. And then glanced at the CMO's office that was now transparent after our meeting. Her room's wall are all glass and built in with fog lights so if there are private meetings she can just turn it on and no one will see what's happening inside.

"It's a long a story, I will tell you later. At lunch. Go back to your desk or the seniors might see us.", I whispered back at Mina, cause currently I have a bad record and I don't want to give Ms. Arrogant a reason to fire me.

"Ow, ok sure, ow by the way I have a good news for you unnie.", Mina said that made me turn my gaze on her. I desparately want to hear some good news now that everything from the very start of my day has been bad.