Chapter 2 : Fate ~

Chapter two : Fate ~

I laid on my back hearing people outside talking loudly as usual. I growled hugging my pillow trying to block them out feeling a headache forming.

I hate wolf hearing sometimes.

I put the pillow over my head as I heard the door open, "Cookie Monster?" I heard and slightly smiled at my Dad's nickname for me.

I heard him walk to the bed and sit down making the bed sink "you missed breakfast" he said softly but I just sighed closing my eyes.

"Not hungry" I mumbled and he sighed moving the pillow off me, I laid on my back looking at him as he looked at me worriedly "are you ok?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. I'm just tired" I mumbled quietly playing with a piece of thread on my blanket.

"You didn't come for dinner last night either. Xavier has been worried about you... We all are. What's the matter?" he said and I shrugged "I just feel like being alone" I said putting my head on his lap and he stroked my hair.

"Talk to me baby girl" He said softly as I closed my eyes. "I just have a feeling something bad is going to happen and it's stressing me out" I said shaking my head.

"Don't think about it. Everything will be fine" he said and I sat up looking at him, "my birthday is in two weeks" I mumbled and he nodded. "I know. You'll be eighteen" he said and I sighed looking down.

"Can I ask you something?" I mumbled and he nodded "anything" he said softly. "Were you happy when you met mom? Like when you found out she was your mate" I asked leaning against the headboard next to him and he sighed smiling softly.

"Of course I was. I was ecstatic" he smiled and I hugged my legs, "why do you ask?" He said and I shrugged "I don't think I want to meet my mate" I said making him frown.

"Why not?" He said and I looked at him "I don't want to leave you alone" I said and he snorted "who says I'm alone?" He asked and I just looked down. "Cookie Monster, Trust me. When you meet your mate you'll be so happy" he said moving my hair.

"I don't want to meet him" I whispered and he just kissed my head, "you say that now but watch. It could be today, or on your birthday or even when you turn 20" he said and I frowned.

"I thought when your 18 is when you officially find them?" I said and he shrugged "some people find them earlier since they've already shifted" he said shrugging and I sighed biting my lip.

"I'm just going to sleep today. I feel sick" I said and he nodded kissing my head. "Just call me if you need anything" he said standing up and I nodded "love you" he said.

"I love you too Daddy." I mumbled and he smiled walking out closing the door behind him.

I laid down hugging my pillow and put the blanket over my head closing my eyes going back to sleep sighing deeply.

***

I walked into the kitchen looking for something to eat, "have you found her dude?" I heard in the next room making me look up.

"No" Xavier sighed making me bite my lip, "you'll find her. She's probably hiding" His best friend Zac said.

"Do you think it's Jordyn? She's been hiding all day" Xavier said and I closed my eyes turning around and grabbing an apple.

I walked to the sink washing it when two girls walked in, a blonde girl whom was talking so fast and a girl with brown hair whom was just listening with a smile on her face.