S E V E N T E E N | Special

{Pic of Olivia and Neel}

Song: Remind Me To Forget

Artist (s): Kygo, Miguel

If Cinderellas shoe fit, why did it fall off in the first place?

********************************************************************************************************************************************

After whatever happened at the cafe Neel drove us home and just held me. He iced my burns, which thankfully didn't leave any marks, for me and sat next to me on a single seater sofa where we eventually dozed off. 

"Perfect" I heard someone say before I heard a click stirring me in my sleep. I had always been a light sleeper, I didn't really have a choice. I always needed to be prepared in case something happened in the middle of the night when I lived with Tobias and my step-father. 

My eyes fluttered open as I tried to stretch but I was semi-restricted. I looked at my position and I saw that I was resting on the sofa arm, while Neel held onto my waist with a blanket covering the both of us. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you up" I jumped at the voice again falling off the sofa taking Neel with me who let out a loud groan at the impact. Julian and Julius who stood at the other end of the room burst out laughing. 

"I have that all recorded" Julian wheezed showing his phone to Julius. 

"I swear to God, you better delete that" Neel jumped up from the floor running after Julian who had run off. Julius laughing died down as he offered me his hand which I gladly took. 

"You're really good for him" I looked at Julius confused. 

"Neel, I mean. I haven't seen him like this in ages" he continued. I picked up the blanket on the floor wrapping it around myself settling back. 

"What do you mean? Like what?" 

"Contented?" Julius sent me a small smile with a slight shrug. "I don't know, It's just that...keep in mind that he'll never admit it, but Neel's always been searching for his own happiness." he continued. 

"I think he found it" Julius looked me straight in the eyes when he said this. Just then Neel walked back in with a proud smirk laying across his lips with a sulking Julian who followed behind. 

"He deleted it. The video and the picture" Julian moaned. 

"Yeah, but I sent it to my phone before I did. Only I get to keep them" Neel crossed his arms sitting across me.

"Wait. What picture?" I asked looking between the trio.

"They took a picture of us asleep" Neel answered taking out his phone and showing me the picture. Thankfully, my face was completely hidden in my arm but Neels face you could see clearly. Something about the picture made me feel warm inside. 

"What time is it?" I asked moving to get up. 

"Just past 6, why?" Julian answered laying down on the couch. 

"Don't you want food? Wait, why does it seem like I'm always cooking in this house?" I asked resting my hands on my hips. 

"Because you always are, which shouldn't be the case." Neel said scrunching his eyebrows.

"I'll cook today." Neel said standing up rolling up his sleeves. "Alone" he added quickly when he saw me open my mouth. 

"Actually, you two morons can help me" Neel said pointing at Julian and Julius who groaned in response but nonetheless followed him to the kitchen. While they got busy I sat down and reflected on what had happened today. They weren't going to stop and I knew that; there was no point of denying it. But how long would I hide behind Neel?