The jock

This was requested by Manianaia hope y'all enjoy!
____________________________
Maya walked out of her classroom and out into the hall where Riley was already waiting on her.

"I still can't believe that we don't have all classes together this year." Riley complained. Maya laughed.

"Look on the bright side, at least you still have every class with Huckleberry. And no matter what you say we both know that you would rather be with him than me." Maya teased her causing her to frown.

"Awe peaches, you know you'll always be my number one!" She said Maya rolled her eyes and was about to speak up when She got interrupted by a bunch of screaming girls coming their way. You'd think that a celebrity just walked through the door.

"Josh can I please have your number!?" "Do you want to go out this Friday night?" "I have tickets to a free movie, go with me?" Maya rolled her eyes at the desperate tones coming from each girls mouth as they walked past. They were walking right beside the one and only, Joshua Matthews.

Josh's parents had been having problems with him over the past couple of months. So Topanga and Cory offered to take Josh in for his senior year and try to help him. So he is now living with the Matthews and going to the same school as Riley and Maya. Much to Maya's dismay.

"Ladies." Someone exclaimed. Maya smiled as her and Riley turned around to see Farkle and smackle hand in hand.

"Farkle." They said in sync. Suddenly some girl fainted on the floor after Josh leaned in and brushed some hair out of her face.

"That's a bit dramatic." Maya mumbled. Josh stepped over the girl not even offering to help her up. Maya rolled her eyes as he made his way over to them.

"Riley tell Cory and Topanga I won't be home until late tonight." He told his niece. Riley sighed.

"But mom and dad said for you to be him early tonight so you can help babysit Auggie." Riley complained.

"Perfect!" Josh exclaimed. "Then tell them that I'll be home soon to help you with Auggie and I'll be home before they get home." Josh smiled. Riley scoffed.

"Josh I have homework I have to do tonight! Is it really going to kill your reputation to take one night off from partying?" Riley asked. Josh just stared at her. "Nevermind, now I realize how stupid that question was." Josh smiled and then turned his attention to Maya.

"You know gorgeous, I can have a plus one at this party. Maybe I'll pick you up at around seven." Josh told her.

"And maybe I'll slam the door in your face."Maya told him. Josh rolled his eyes as he leaned in and whispered.

"Common Hunter, it will be the best decision you'll ever make." He winked.

"No thanks. I'm disease-free and i'd like to keep it that way." Maya retorted causing Riley to laugh an throw an arm around Maya's shoulder. Josh rolled his eyes.

"You'll be sorry." He said as he walked away.

"Yeah I wouldn't bank on that." Maya told Riley. Both girls grabbed their books and headed to their final class of the day.
~
If was after school and Riley and Maya were at Riley's house starting their homework as Topanga and Cory got ready to leave.

"Are you sure Josh will be home in an hour?" Topanga asked.

"That's what he said." Riley stated not completely lying. Cory and Topanga shared a look.

"If he's not home you'll call us?" Cory asked.

"I promise." Riley said. Both parents smiled before hugging both girls and leaving the apartment. It was about fifteen minutes later however, when Josh walked through the door.

"I don't believe it. Did you forget the address?" Maya teased him. Josh rolled his eyes.

"I just came to make sure if you changed your mind. One last chance to be with me all night long." Josh winked.

"Well when you put it that way it makes me feel things, Josh." Maya smiled. Josh was shocked.

"R-really?" He asked with a genuine smile on his face. "Like what?" He asked.

"Like going to the bathroom and throwing up my lunch." She told him. Josh's smile fell. "Why would I want to be with someone who has been with almost every girl in our entire school. Including some of the freshman." Maya said. Josh sighed.

"Common Hunter, why you making me try so hard." He groaned. Maya laid her book on the coffee table and turned to Josh.

"Because Josh. How do I know that you're not just using me like you do with every other girl. What makes me so special?" She asked him seriously.

"Because you are Maya. You're not like all the other girls in our school." Josh argued.

"How do I know that though? You're here asking me out when I know for a fact that in just a few minutes you'll be somewhere else dancing up against some girl. How do you think that makes me feel?" Maya went back to her math book leaving Josh there. Josh looked over at Maya who gave him a shrug and looked back at her book as well.
~
That was the day that Josh started to change. After what Maya told him he started to come home when Cory and Topanga asked him, he stopped sneaking out, rarely went to parties anymore and he even stopped going out on dates. It was like he was a completely different person. And Maya was noticing.

"I don't know what the heck you said to Josh but he's changed. Missy Bradford practically threw herself at him today in lunch and he just walked away from her without giving her a second glance." Riley said. "He even came home last night and helped me watch Auggie." Maya's eyebrows rose.

"Wow." She said. She told Josh that stuff because she wanted him to understand why she was saying no so he would stop asking her out. She didn't think that he would change completely.

It was later that day when Riley and Maya were walking around the football field while the team had practice. Practice that Josh had skipped out on.

"I don't know what his deal is. It's like you broke him out of his bad boy attitude." Riley said amazed. Suddenly Josh appeared out of no where.

"Can I speak to Maya for a minute, Riles?" He asked. Riley smiled before walking away to go watch Lucas practice.

"I don't have.much time because if coach sees me here he'll have a fit." He joked causing a small smile to form on Maya's lips. "What you said to me a few weeks ago, it made me start thinking. What better way to show you that you're special to me then by changing my habits to where I'm good enough to be seen with you." Josh said. Maya blushed as she looked down at the ground.

"Josh-"

"Please let me finish." Maya nodded for him to continue. "I wouldn't blame you if you said no again. In fact, I expect it. But I need to try this one last time. I really like you, Maya. I would like to take you out on a date and show you that there's more to me than just the stay out late and party type of person. Like I said I understand I you say no I just thought I'd give it one more shot." He said. Maya smiled. She could see that he was actually genuine.

"I would love to go out with you, Josh." Josh smiled after he comprehended what she had just said.

"Really?" He asked Maya chuckled at his nervousness.

"Yeah. Really." Josh took a deep breath.

"That's good because it would have been really awkward if you had said no." Maya laughed. Josh held his hand out and Maya smiled before taking it.

Riley smiled as she watched them walk off together. There's the Josh she remembered.
_______________________________
I know that this isn't exactly what was asked for but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Love y'all!