This is just a dream

This one is going to be a little sad. It's a songs shot based off Carrie Underwoods song just a dream. Hope y'all enjoy! Actually in all honesty y'all probably won't enjoy this one...
____________________________
It was two weeks after the day she turned eighteen

Maya smiled at herself in the mirror as she smoothed out her dress. The nerves that was building in her heart was an anxiety attack waiting to happen. She smiled as she thought about the life she was about to start.

All dressed in white, going to the church that night

It was a spare of the moment decision. To get married before he had to deploy back out to where he was currently stationed. But they both loved each other and had been waiting for the day that they could call each other theirs.

She had his box of letters in the passengers seat

Josh and Maya had wrote each other every day since he got drafted into the army. Their families were against their relationship because of Maya not being eighteen yet. So they both decided that they say she turned eighteen would be the day that they were engaged to be married. Josh had gotten a pass to come home and be with her for the first couple of months of their marriage before he had to deploy back out.

Sixpence in her shoe, something borrowed, something blue

Their families finally agreed to their marriage after Maya turned eighteen and Maya smiled at the thought of promising forever in front of their family and friends. Her mother had taken part in helping her plan while Riley had helped her pick out the dress. It was a simple ceremony in front of not very many people. But it meant the world to them.

And when the church doors opened up wide, she put her veil down trying to hide the tears.

Shawn was at the door waiting for her so he could walk her down the isle. She smiled at her step father as she could see the tears in his eyes. Maya looked ahead to see her soon to be waiting there for her. He was in his army uniform with his hands crossed in front of him. She couldn't believe what was about to happen.

She couldn't believe it. She heard the trumpets of the military band and the flowers fell out of her hand

The glass doors opened wide as the military started to play the wedding march. It was all too much as reality started to sink in.

Baby, why'd you leave me, why'd you have to go I was counting on forever now I'll never know.

It had been a good couple of months of marriage for the newly weds. They had gone on a honeymoon and had settled into their new home. They were on cloud nine before he got the news that he had to go back.

"I've already been in the army for three years now. It shouldn't be long until I'm home for good, especially since I have a wife now." Josh told her as she snuggled into his chest from in his car as they were sitting outside and staring at the stars.

"Good. Because I don't know how long I can take being away from you now." Maya told him as she leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"I talked to my Sargent. This will be my last deployment before I can rather to go back or not. I only have six months left." Maya smiled as she kissed him.

"I can't wait before it can just be the three of us." Maya said as she placed a hand on her stomach to celebrate the new pregnancy. Josh smile as he leaned down and kissed her deeper than before.

"Me too."

I can't even breath

When Maya got the letter she couldn't do anything but cry. Two men dressed in army outfits came to her door and she immediately knew. No words had to be said as she broke down and cried in Riley's arms. The letter said that the base he was at was bombed and he gave his life by protecting an eighteen year old kid who had just been enlisted. He only had two weeks before he was home for good.