Chapter 12: The Essence of Huli Yuehong

"You know him?!"

"Of course. He is the representative of one of the three principal forces of the world, along with me and my brother, Michael," Samael replied in a cold tone. "Michael is the force of light energy, creation, and birth, I'm the force of dark energy, destruction, and death, while Yuehong, as the force of natural energy, is a blend of the two - the Transformation; both destruction and regeneration; Natural Energy itself is the blend created by the High Forces' light energy and the dark power of the Black Energy. We three together fought to keep harmony in the world".

"Wow... I never knew angels', demons', and spirits' work was intertwined!" Sandy blinked.

"Surely it is, as well as all the paths in this world are intertwined, or else there would be no such thing as harmony".

Lucy stared at him in stupefaction - so that fox spirit was as mighty as to equal the powers of two greatest archangels, Michael and Samael? Then she was truly in danger - Huli Yuehong wanted to devour her! However, if Yanluo said Yuehong's powers equaled his then it meant that he and Michael could both succeed in the attempt of destroying Yuehong's Bond Item. She fearfully and awedly looked up at the archdemon:

"Y... Yanluo, could you please... help me? Please save me from the vile fox's clutches..."

Both Sandy and Sam sighed, for they guessed what she was talking about. However, Lily got worked up as she had no idea why her cousin had suddenly turned so tearful:

"Wh... What do you mean? Have you really interacted with Lord Huli? What happened?"

"H... Huli Yuehong told me he would devour my soul after I accidentally ran into Huli Clan Skull Territory. He gave me this Yin-and-Yang golden-chained amulet and bound me with it. He does not let me go whatever happens. Even Sandy was powerless against him, so I... I thought, if Yanluo indeed has equal powers as him, maybe he can break this damn amulet and release me for good. I... I'm so scared!" Lucy cuddled with her and wetted her chest with tears.

Lily widened eyes. She felt heavy pity towards her little cousin. Lucy felt how her palms clutched her shoulders. She surprisedly looked up at her, just to see her deep frown, and her eyes sparkling red:

"I will not allow any foxy boy to harm my little sis in any way... Samael, please destroy this amulet!"

No matter she included the word 'please', it still sounded more like a demand than a request, and the archdemon knew too well that if his dearest wife ever referred to him not as 'Sammy' or 'Sam' but by his full name, 'Samael', it meant she spoke from the bottom of her heart and was dead serious. He and his son Incubus both also knew that whenever Lilith spoke this way, she meant business and it was not good to defy her orders and irritate her, even though Samael actually exceeded her in strength. He knew that he was an angel, while Lilith was a demon in a human body, thus it gave her disadvantage against her husband, so he was the one to give in, as a true angel and a devoted partner. Still, despite all these circumstances, his answer was different:

"Sorry. I can't".

Hearing such a grim-toned answer from her husband who always fulfilled her wishes when she meant it from the bottom of her heart, Lily widened eyes in pure astonishment and stared at Samael, dumbfounded:

"W... Why?"

Lucy got even more scared, hearing that even the devil could not help her. She sobbed with deep sorrow and despair.

"It is not that I don't want to, Lilith, but I simply cannot. If it were some different item, I would be able to, but Yin-and-Yang golden-chained amulet, along with the two fans he never lets go of, is the main weapon of Huli Yuehong, as my scythe is to me and the golden spear is to Michael. Yin-and-Yang amulet is Yuehong's symbol, his essence - he is the force of natural energy, the transformation - the balance of destruction and regeneration. He is Yin - destruction, and Yang - rebirth. It is the law of nature: everything constantly transforms - everything dies and is reborn in order to hold the balance in the world. Those that are weak die; those that are strong survive and evolve. Yuehong holds both of those powers, so it is impossible for either me or Michael to not just break his amulet, but even kill him off altogether. We, three forces, are forever immortal - I, as destruction and death, am immune to death, Michael, as creation and birth, can be reborn whenever he dies, and Yuehong is both immune and able to regenerate, so the scenario when you think you have actually killed him will always turn out to be merely an illusion - if he does not permit you to kill him, you won't be able to. Same goes with this amulet he has bound your cousin with - if he does not permit me or Michael to destroy it, we won't be able to. However, if he permits to destroy it, not just my brother and I, but even Sandy and the lower spirits will do. To put it more simply - no matter how great destructive forces and death are, the entire nature will never die, right? Same goes for me and Yuehong - no matter how much I cut him, he will get only injured but will be able to regenerate, and what's more - the whole nature can never die because the two primal forces themselves - the light energy of the High Forces and the darkness of the Black Energy - are in fact two in one and that one in which both of them dwell is nothing else but Nature, so when I say the Natural Energy is the blend of those two, I do not mean it is their child, but rather their parent".

All of the girls: Lily, Lucy, Sandy, and Sam, gasped - Huli Yuehong was that powerful?! Lucy cuddled with Lily and let out agonic sobs:

"I am forever doomed!"

Lily looked at her with pity, and then puckered at Samael:

"Is there nothing we can do?"

"Do not fear, Lily. What I just said about Yuehong - that he cannot die - goes for me too, so if your cousin ever faces grave danger, I shall be there to oppose that blondie fox. I assure you - I won't back down no matter what it takes if it means fulfilling your request. I shall protect your cousin if Yuehong ever decides to attack, and will draw him in eternal battle if he does not give up in time".

Lily gratefully beamed at him - such a nice husband she had... He was truly an angel. Lucy sighed with relief, as did Sandy and Sam - finally, they had found a truly powerful protector and friend... Sandy smiled as she watched Lucy and her cousin:

Lucy is indeed so lucky to have such a powerful cousin by her side... Sam too, is lucky to have such a friend as Lucy, while I am merely dead weight to both of them. I wasn't even able to save my two children, Chip and Nelly. I... I'm so sorry... a tiny tear fell from her cheek. I was so much stronger back when Lutecia was still alive... That bunny sure knew how to lift my spirits. The only best friend I've ever had, and her too I lost, because of Huli Yuehong... 

More tears fell from her cheeks as bitter memories of the past glimpsed through her mind, but she quickly discarded them in order not to burst in pouring tears. Just then, she got relieved as Sam had touched her bead-bracelet and let her return to her spirit dwelling. It seemed the little girl could sense her spirit needed some alone time. There, in her hollow home in a spirit tree, Sandy indeed burst into tears, as she had finally found herself alone with her bitter memories.