Chapter Forty|| Long Live the King

{Aurora's POV}

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Christian asked us and we nodded.

"Alright. Then it's final. I'll call my father up to talk and he'll come willingly thinking nothing is wrong. That's where you all come in. You will make yourselves known and give him an ultimatum. He surrenders or he'll face the wrath of you." Christian spoke with a slight grin at the end.

"Get out of sight now, you'll know when you need to come in." We nodded and I took in a deep breath.

This is really happening.

We're trapping previous King Charles.

What if he sees straight through our plan?

I followed Jackson from Christian's office nervously. We came to the palace the night before with some of Jackson's men, Zander, and my mother. After the rouge incident we were quick to inform Christian who suggested we come down and make a final plan. The boy Jackson attacked was lucky and is going to make a full recovery. When he woke from the surgery we asked where is parents was if there was any.

"Mommy and daddy died. Bubba protects me now." I was heartbroken hearing that little boy mutter those words.

How do you explain to a four year old that his bubba was killed because he broke a law?

Jackson seemed completely destroyed after hearing those words, but Jackson couldn't help it! That kid's brother knew that he was breaking the law coming after our pack. No rogue shall cross or threaten another pack.

A tap on my shoulder brought me from my thoughts. I looked over seeing Queen Scarlett.

"You're to come with me and your mom as well. The men don't want you near until they have subdued Charles." I gave her a confused nod.

It doesn't surprise me.

I parted from Jackson, who didn't even tell me bye. Lovely.

What if something happens? I'd never forgive myself.

Why was I even born? My presence has done no good here on earth.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Scarlett asked softly as we made our way down the hall.

"Just worried." I mumbled and she showed me into a guest bedroom.

Scarlett shut the doors behind us after we entered.

"I am too. Charles is unpredictable. I think i've spoken once to the man and i've been married to Christian over a year now." Wow, it's been that long already?

"It's weird you know? I got into a fight with with Christian's mom awhile back. That night she apologized and told me where she came from. It was the sectors. She said she was mated to Christian's dad. She never mentioned not being his true mate. I just assumed she was. I cannot believe she lied to me and I fell for each part." She rolled her eyes picking up the ends of her dress as she walked across the room.

"His parents are so... actually I don't know what would describe them best. Maybe delusional?" She chuckled out.

"Would you like a drink?" She asked me standing by a table I just noticed.

Food and drinks were prepared. It looked like we might be here awhile.

"No thank you." I mumbled, I glanced around wondering where my mom was.

"Where is my mom? Anna?"

"I told her to meet us here when I came to look for you. Maybe she got lo-" She stopped talking when there was a knock on the door.