¶Ten

After resuming school on Monday, I tried my possible best to not care about what happened on Saturday.

Our neighbor, a single man who was probably in his late thirties had shown up at our doorsteps with a bouquet for my mom. If that wasn't the weirdest moment in my life, I honestly don't know what would be.
It was obvious mom was not interested in him in anyway because she had thrown the flowers away and had a very long chat with the man about how she wasn't looking for a relationship.

I was glad she wasn't putting herself on the market because our dad had really screwed us all over completely, and after what Grandma had said about him showing up at the house. I was a bit worried about what his reasons were for attempting to come into our lives again.

'If he wants custody of me and Isaac he can go and bash his head because he wouldn't be getting anything from anyone of us,'.

"Yo Irene, are you playing with us or not?" interrupted Ejiro's voice. I looked up from my desk and saw the eyes of most of my classmates facing me.

"Um... Play what exactly?" I asked, shy that I was not in anyway paying attention.

I noticed Amira roll her eyes and I ignored her, I didn't have time for her nonsense today. She was finally off her suspension yet she acted like nothing had happened at all.

"Truth and dare mumu," said Grace.
"Ohh....," I said simply. I genuinely hated the game, I was more of a watcher than a player.
"Come on na, live small this girl, will you play or not?" said Ejiro, piercing into my soul with those eyes of his. What is wrong with me?
"See abeg, we can play without her, she's not important," said Sarah, a girl in our class who was also friends with Amira.
"Abi o," muttered some other girls in response.
"I'll play," I said, eyeing the Sarah girl.

"Ahn ahn first day o," announced Bolade.
"I swear guy, Ejiro must really be special for her to agree to him like that," said Edwards, smirking at me.
"The two of you are just fools," I said, rolling my eyes, but my stupid cheeks betrayed me by inflating.
Ejiro winked at me," I'm her man, of course I'm special," he said with a smile.

Hold on ohh! My man keh?! Since when biko?

"Barf... Now let's play," stated Amira and everyone gathered around her table.

Grace spun the pen on Amira's  desk and the tip landed facing Kamsy, a boy that everyone liked.

"Truth," he said nonchalantly.

The boys playing with us hissed and whispered "weak".

"If you were to date any girl in our class right now who would it be?" Grace said with a smirk.

Kamsy laughed,"That's easy, Amira," he said. Did I say everyone likes him?! I take it back... I officially don't.

Amira started smiling like as if he had just proposed to her.

Mumu.

Kamsy spun the pen and the tip landed on Edwards.

"Dare," Edwards said grinning.

Bolade and some guys cheered for him.

"Kiss Irene," Kamsy said. Biko what?!!!

Edwards smile faded. We both knew he wouldn't dare it.

"You're evil I swear," Edwards said fishing out hundred naira and giving it to Kamsy.

"It's a gift," Kamsy said.

The game continued like that until someone spun the pen and the tip landed on Ejiro.

"Dare," he said, looking bored.
Shabi he was the one begging me to play now look at his expression. Stupid boy.

"I dare you... To make out with Adaeze for ten.. Wait no... Thirty seconds," she said smiling at me like she was some innocent person.  Come oh, since when did I start advertising my lips?!

I resisted the urge to call her snake.

Everyone started clapping even Grace. The slap I will give this one after class will be one to remember.

I looked at Ejiro and saw that he was grinning at me.
He walked up to me and for some reason my heart started beating faster.

Common sense was telling me to stand up and quit there and then. But curiosity wanted to see if he'd actually do it.

Before I could make any move to quit, his hands were on my face and his lips came crashing into mine. And I forgot how to spell common sense.

I could hear our classmates counting to thirty but it sounded muted to me. All I could make sense of were our amazing his lips felt. I felt my hands clutching to his face like it was oxygen and I felt his hands leave my face and move to my waist, pulling me closer to him.
It felt so so good, and all I could think in that moment was... Wow... Just wow.

"What in God's name is going on here?" shouted a voice and almost immediately we both separated and our form teacher was standing in front of us looking like she had just seen Satan.

The class was silent and she looked at me again.

"I said, what in God's name is going on here?"

And in that moment all I could think was screwed... I am so screwed.  

... Apparently this book was #1 on ProjectNigeria!!!!

Thank you heavenly baddies so much for that. You guys are the best.. No really you are.

So what do you all think of this chapter? I'm wicked aren't I?*smirks like a typical wattpad bad boy*

Vote. Comment.

Who ships Ejiro and Irene? Who doesn't? Let me know in the comments.